New books!

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by malakian, Jan 21, 2010.

1. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

You guys reading Tuesdays with Morrie already? S.O.B. I wished I lived in Washington, we had to read that book as part of my senior project.

2. Lien

Lien Rookie

... you're such an otaku it's kinda sad :?

...just read eye shield 21 volume 30...

3. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

Recently finished Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA. It's by a New York Times columnist, Tim Weiner.

From Wikipedia:

Let's just say it isn't very forgiving in its analysis of just how terrible the CIA is as an intelligence agency and institution.

4. telefono

telefono Rookie

"Brothers Karamazov" will keep it in mind. Thanks for the Gogol recommendation, Lien.

A short while ago I read a couple of short stories by Lovecraft, highly recommend it, if you are into horror/weird fiction. Some of his short stories are available on Wikisource for free (since they were written before 1923 they are now public domain).

5. malakian

malakian Rookie

L2G, I read the last wish - it was great! I loved the one about the bear man with the magic house.

I've got AK's second translated Witcher saga book, 'Blood of Elves', on my shelf. Looking forward to it!

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't finished it yet, but that's my favorite so far as well. I just finished the story about the goat man, so I'm about 2/3rds of the way through.

The next book in the series is coming out later in the year, so I'm going to read Blood of Elves before then. I've heard that it is good, but not quite as good as The Last Wish.