New books!

keepithowitis said:
We read Tuesdays with Morrie in my english class a month or so ago, ITR. That was a really good book. The movie's pretty good too.
You guys reading Tuesdays with Morrie already? S.O.B. I wished I lived in Washington, we had to read that book as part of my senior project.

MattAY said:
One PIece Volume 25...

ahaha!

No seriously, I'm reading Garfield right now. I finished One PIece.
... you're such an otaku it's kinda sad :?

...just read eye shield 21 volume 30...

Recently finished Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA. It's by a New York Times columnist, Tim Weiner.

From Wikipedia:

Legacy of Ashes is a detailed history of the Central Intelligence Agency from its creation after World War II, through the Cold War years and the War on Terror, to its near-collapse after 9/11. The book is based on more than 50,000 documents, primarily from the archives of the CIA itself, and hundreds of interviews with CIA veterans, including ten Directors of Central Intelligence.

Let's just say it isn't very forgiving in its analysis of just how terrible the CIA is as an intelligence agency and institution.

"Brothers Karamazov" will keep it in mind. Thanks for the Gogol recommendation, Lien.

A short while ago I read a couple of short stories by Lovecraft, highly recommend it, if you are into horror/weird fiction. Some of his short stories are available on Wikisource for free (since they were written before 1923 they are now public domain).

L2G, I read the last wish - it was great! I loved the one about the bear man with the magic house.

I've got AK's second translated Witcher saga book, 'Blood of Elves', on my shelf. Looking forward to it!

I haven't finished it yet, but that's my favorite so far as well. I just finished the story about the goat man, so I'm about 2/3rds of the way through.

The next book in the series is coming out later in the year, so I'm going to read Blood of Elves before then. I've heard that it is good, but not quite as good as The Last Wish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod