Books

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by StickyGreenGamer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Hurin and his family are cursed by morgoth and it follows mostly his children and their destiny. Kind of a Shakespeare tragedy tbh.

2. DocMoc

DocMoc Rookie

Does the Hurin family have any impact on the characters of LotR?

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Just finished The Alloy of Law for the second time. If you're looking for some easy sci-fi fantasy, then pick up the original Mistborn trilogy. They're set in more of a fantasy setting and the magic system (allomancy-a form of magic that is completely metal-based) is pretty cool. With Alloy of Law, Sanderson moved the timeline forward to the 1920's and now instead of swinging swords, they're shooting guns. It has more of a Western/steam punk vibe. I thought I was going to loathe it...quite the opposite.

4. MasterRabbi

MasterRabbi Rookie

I'm reading Mistborn right now. Really been enjoying it.

5. tigerlily521985

I just finished The Hobbit and just started The Fellowship of the Ring last night.

After finishing A Dance with Dragons I had to take a little break from reading for a while there. Now I should have more time to read, so that makes me happy.