Books

DocMoc said:
TheNesMan said:
Silmarillion is slower and less epic than the three main LOTR books but it is still fantastic. Children of Hurin is also very good.

I have tried a few times to push through Silmarillion but to no avail.

What's Hurin about?
Hurin and his family are cursed by morgoth and it follows mostly his children and their destiny. Kind of a Shakespeare tragedy tbh.

Just finished The Alloy of Law for the second time. If you're looking for some easy sci-fi fantasy, then pick up the original Mistborn trilogy. They're set in more of a fantasy setting and the magic system (allomancy-a form of magic that is completely metal-based) is pretty cool. With Alloy of Law, Sanderson moved the timeline forward to the 1920's and now instead of swinging swords, they're shooting guns. It has more of a Western/steam punk vibe. I thought I was going to loathe it...quite the opposite.

I just finished The Hobbit and just started The Fellowship of the Ring last night.

After finishing A Dance with Dragons I had to take a little break from reading for a while there. Now I should have more time to read, so that makes me happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod