Musical Poll Of Doom And Dismay!

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by RRD_RaVen, Aug 16, 2006.

?

What sort of music do you most listen to?

1. Metal/Heavy Metal/Death Metal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Classical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jazz/Blues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Alternative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rap/Hip Hop/ R and B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Classic Rock/Old Rock (AC-DC etc,)/Rock n' Roll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RRD_RaVen

RRD_RaVen Rookie

Ok, I know I dont have every single freaking type of music known to man, just think this: If you were stuck in a room forced to listen to one of the above genres for a week, what would it be?

I just wanna know what sorta of music you guys are into.

Also, seeing as many of your probably like many of the genres above, just pick the one you MOST listen to..

[EDIT] Also, if you pick other, specify what you mean! Sorry derekk.

2. derekk

derekk Rookie

Other.

3. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Oldies.... then everything else... there isn't one genre I don't love something from...

4. Chris_s

Chris_s Rookie

Adult Alternative apparently, so other.

I should have just voted classic rock.

5. Enigma

Enigma Rookie

I said classic rock :) I like Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Metallica, some Black Sabbath songs, TMBG etc. Thats not to say I dont like other genres. I have a wide variety of likes I think.

6. The_Cookster

The_Cookster Rookie

All minus metal. Voted jazz :oops:

7. malakian

malakian Rookie

Electronic and prog rock mostly. Voted other.

8. Flaming_Tiki_God

I hate the term "alternative" but I listen to that, adult-alternative (if there's really a difference), and electronic.

So I don't know what to vote for: Alternative or Other.

9. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

trance and electronic - ferry corsten adn armin van buuren are heroes of mine. but i listen to some rock too, like brand new, new found glory, yellowcard etc.

10. Haydi

Haydi Rookie

There really isn't one musical style I could continously listen. There are many great bands and songs in every gategory, but they all get boring if I don't change to something else from time to time...

Also, one important category missing is soul! What would music be without some Al Green...? And funk is also missing - both one of my favourite musical styles.

Anyways, I picked metal since most songs at my current playlist seem to be some sort of meta... I don't really enjoy the most aggressive and hectic death metal and such, but heavy metal or some more melodic metal songs work for me.

11. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I voted other.

12. MrHimashi

MrHimashi Rookie

other

hxc

lol

13. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

I voted Classic Rock, probably what I listen to the most, followed by modern/alt rock, then hip-hop and reggae.

I'm gonna say this here because it is a pretty good place to say it (maybe just a little off topic), and I dont think it really deserves it own topic: My favorite genre of music is rock, but rock has the worst fans of any genre. Here are things that rock fans will say that you wont hear fans of other genres of music say: (I know you havent heard any of these things said here at GR before :roll: )

-"They defenitly aren't a post-hardcore band, their first album was more of a melodic hardcore, but now they have become more a second-wave screamocore"

-"You only have Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here? If you were a REAL PF fan you would ONLY listen to Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Umma Gumma!

-"Their best album was the first one, back when they had their original guitarist and nobody but me had heard of them!"

-"Check out this rare Japanese acoustic bootleg import of the single! It was a steal at $45 on eBay!"

-"Their musical/songwriting style slightly changed/evolved?!? SELLOUT!!!"

-"They re-released their first EP just so they could expose their earlier music to a wider audience? SELLOUT!!!"

-"Their CD went gold?!? SELLOUT!!!"

-"They sold more albums despite not changing their style, label, or image?!? SELLOUT!!!"

Not to mention that many fans pride themselves and judge others based on the obscurity of the band, label, or genre they listen to, on a level only matched by electronica fans.

14. BoyAnachronism

^
    Heheh! That is just about the most true thing I have ever read on these boards! Rock fans are such elitists, not to mention that quite a few of them suffer from a kind of musical tunnel vision which makes them believe any music which doesn't have guitars in it is awful. Plus they always go on about "Real Music" as well, whatever the hell that is! So yeah, kudos on the fine post GiftedMonkey! :D

Anyways I voted other, as like many here, there's no one genre I can rate over any others. I was actually thinking of voting alternative, as a lot of the music I like is classified by critics and music stores in the alternative bracket, but personally I absolutely fucking dispise that term, I mean, it's just so vague. And also, what exactly is it the alternative to again?

So yeah, I went for other myself.

15. RRD_RaVen

RRD_RaVen Rookie

Haha, I'm glad to see there are no rap fans amongst us. I hate rap. I'd rather listen to that crazy frog song than some guy talk about the size of his *thing down there* and how much hotter his girl friend is than mine.

I chose metal, Lamb Of God etc.