Say a prayer for MJ?

• You betcha! OWWW!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *solemnly release a white dove*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
UrbanMasque said:
Michael Jackson > Farrah Fawcett + Ed McMahon

No kidding. If you told both Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon that their deaths would happen in the same week as MJ, what do you think their response would be? My guess: "well shit."

This truly sucks.

MJ made awesome music. Ignore the last 10 years of his media life, and remember him for the great singer/dancer he was.
RIP.

Diabolus said:
Get used to it. You'll see many great icons die in your lifetime. Next up, Clint Eastwood.

You take that back!

Elizabeth Taylor will die before Clint Eastwood imo. Although she certainly isn't an icon.

It will suck when Stephen Spielberg dies.

"any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee"

Sad stuff, man. I got to see Michael in concert during his Bad World Tour back in '88. All other concerts to follow would fall miserably short. A family friend of ours has his autograph... just sad.

The guy made Thriller, which is a good, dancy record. It sold a lot of copies. Off the Wall is a good record too, although I like his stuff with Jackson Five more than the solo stuff. He could sing and dance, but I don't really give a shit about dancing.

That being said, he was still a huge weirdo, bought and licensed the Beatles catalog in questionable ways, and probably molested children. He secluded himself in a fairy tale land, didn't want to grow up (because of his messed up childhood) and was an inadequate father (remember the Lion King-esque baby holding thing?)

But I guess it's fitting in death to celebrate what was good about a person rather than the shortcomings.
At least La Toya's still around.

I got this information from the most least expected person - Bus driver. He was a fan of him, so he were playing MJ's albums in the bus and singing along. Kinda cool morning right there.

I have to admit that even though the news came as a surprise, I just can't honestly say I feel sorry in any way. I apologise in advance, but I just don't care.

Could not believe it when i found out. Fantastic music, passionate and great dancer.

He'll be missed. RIP.

Well what is there to apologise about? I know I'm a cynic when it comes to celebrity. How people could faint from being in the presence of any celebrity is lost on me. But then you question why...and you have to give them credence, it's their idol after all (whoever that may be).
I'd probably jizz my pants from a Miyamoto smile. Something like that.

But then you get the name Michael Jackson and you should at least try to relate to/from the angles. That's hard for the cynical, but even on that level you have to admit there's no name bigger than Michael Jackson. It's simple, it's profound, it's something some of us never embraced - like me.
People who loved him care more than I do, but even I have to be like whoa. And that's a layered "whoa".
It may be naive but this actually makes me want to write to the members (or family) of The Pink Floyd to just say thank you. Just "thank you" written on the envelope face would be perfect.

His videos are on Mtv, he's more awesome than i know how to admit.

I'd put the name Stevie Wonder up there too, but is it bigger than Michael's? It's certainly an elite list.

Who else is on this list?

not Grover... the Cookie Monster???... something to think about.

Well, all I know is a lot of R&B and hip-hop artists cite him as an influence. He has had an amazing career, and a hard life.

They are treating his death like Anna Nicole Smiths....sad about it and remembering it, but with an aura of mystery.

It's fucking annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod