Mega Man 9

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Boringman54, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Affen

Affen Rookie

I tested the demo and found out that it's not good for my health..so FRUSTRATING!!

2. Boringman54

Boringman54 Rookie

I got the two dowlnadable packs released today on WiiWare for it. The first one is the Proto Man pack. It's....OK. I like the charge shot but it doesn't do enough damage and him getting double the damage Mega Man does is annoying. The other is the Endless Mode pack. In it, you play an endless stage Capcom made that spans various locales. You score is counted by how many screens you pass through, which is a neat idea. Also, you are equipped with every weapon. So overall, I like the Endless Mode pack better.

3. BlackStar

BlackStar Rookie

Once Mega Man X came out it confused the hell out me because apparently X didn't mean ten.

Now I find out there was a Mega Man 9??? So then what the hell does X mean?

4. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

It means eXtreme, of course.

5. crazycracker22

I love the all the jabs they take at themselves, but it also made me remember that mega man kicks my ass...

6. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

its been awhile, but storyline wise it takes place even further in the future than the nes games. some scientist is excavating and finds mega man among the ruins. not knowing what he was or his purpose, he simply called him X.

and to this day, mega man x has one of my favorite soundtracks of any video game.

7. BlackStar

BlackStar Rookie

Yeah, well it still makes no sense.
    I mean why not call it X: The New Mega Man?

Have 9 Mega Man games and then a game called Mega Man X. But no no this isn't the 10th game in the series, we just wanna screw with you because you're kids and it's fun!

It's almost as bad the fifth version of Street Fighter 2 which was the same fucking game only you could be a Green M Bison.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Mega Man X is great, but as I stated earlier Legends 1 & 2 are by far my favorites.

9. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Megaman 2 is and always will be the best megaman game. Although megaman x was amazing, power ups ftw.

10. Glowstick

Glowstick Rookie

i don't think it's harder than the originals, it's just that i know the patterns and how to beat all the levels in the originals. there's only 8 levels plus the castle; if you beat it the first time through, it'd be a short game.