Name That Tune

Icepick

Rookie
A long time ago shaft held a competition, players were linked to a midi file, and had to guess which song it was, points being awarded to those who got it right

I intend to carry on, slight modifications however (and if anyone knows a better service to host these songs for the love of christ tell me, savefile blows ass)

the rules are as follows

You can guess as much as you please, but abuse, such as naming off fifty gaming titles in a row will have you removed for a set number of rounds

one guess per post (you can guess for all applicable categories, like the theme and the name of the game, just not 50 game titles at once)

naming the game nets you a set ammount of points based on how difficult it is
naming when the song is used (for example, a certain stage, a characters theme, title screen) will net you bonus points, again based on difficulty

should someone answer the correct game, but not the correct situation in which the music is used, other players are free to answer it, I will not tell you if it's correct or not, so it is a form of blind fire up until i end each round

the game will be updated as I see fit, i'm not going to tell you it'll be like clockwork, because I'm not going to comit my life to a message board game

so let the round begin

http://www.savefile.com/files/1328533

Name of the Game: 4 points
Where it's used: 2 points

Wow. Save File does blow ass. Don't think I know of anything better you could try though...

Anyway, I don't recognize this song.

no F***ing clue... Midi files suck tho... rather listen to an instrumental than a midi. but imma venture a guess.

..... from Double Dragon?

The second link worked.

I'm pretty sure it's a Mega Man or Double Dragon type theme, beat em up or shooter......

So I am going to guess it's from Megaman 4, and im guessing Skull Man level? Major shot in the dark but the music seems Mega-manish.

ok, I guess I never anticipated how broad the game could be with its questions, so after a certain period of time I will give out hints, after 3 hints, and no answer, we move on to a new round

HInt 1: This game was developed by Rare in 1993, and appeared on the genesis, the gameboy, the nes, and the snes

i would like to note, that should this game become a rampant success, I will wipe the scores monthly, and the winner of each month will get something, nothing major seeing as I'm not exactly ramping up in cash, but A 25-50 dollar paypal exchange could be possible

Damn it..I got no Hope.
You know, theres a site i found one day that lets you upload songs, so they can be played on the Browser..Forgot its name though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle