Mega Man 9

Boringman54

Rookie
Anybody else psyched to dowload this? I know I am and guess what, it's out on WiiWare this Monday!!! :D Don't know when it's out for PSN and XBLA though.

I love how it goes back to its roots with the 8-bit graphics. Also, the difficulty and controls are the same as the NES versions.

And for even greater news, there's downladable content, even for the WiiWare version! It's called the Proto Man pack, where, as you might guess, you can play the game as Proto Man. He can charge his shot and slide while Mega Man can't. But there are also some downsides to him. It costs 200 points on WiiWare.

Whats interesting is that one of the bosses is known as Splash Woman, the first female robot master.

I also like the throwbacks to the older bosses, Concrete Man, Plug Man, Magma Man, and Tornado Man are all different versions of the other robot masters and it's fun.

The only thing about the Mega Man franchise I never liked was that it never grew up. Unlike other franchises, it was a big hit as a 2d side-scroller, but they never made an attempt at 3d. That may or may not be a bad thing, but the franchise remained a permanent retro, kind of like Street Fighter.

Rakon said:
Unlike other franchises, it was a big hit as a 2d side-scroller, but they never made an attempt at 3d.
Yeah they did. They made 2 phenomenal Mega Man Legends games, both were in 3D.

Rakon said:
The only thing about the Mega Man franchise I never liked was that it never grew up. Unlike other franchises, it was a big hit as a 2d side-scroller, but they never made an attempt at 3d. That may or may not be a bad thing, but the franchise remained a permanent retro, kind of like Street Fighter.

as longo said they made the legends games which are still some of my favorite games to this day, they had a good story and fun game play. they made a third 3d mega man adventure game as well called the miss adventures of tron bon which plays just like the legend games but you get to control the server bots, but its a bid hard to find on the ebays. but alas if you find a copy pick it up you wont regreat it. and while on the topic im so excited for this game to be released, i recently purchesed the mega man collectors game for gc with all 8 original games, im preparing my mind and fingers for the glory that is to come

So, being "wicked" and all, I need to know which console I should "get it" on. I'm leaning towards my PS3 simply because it is on and the store is easier for me to use than the 360 store, but I dunno.

I imagine it's not too different.

But the Xbox d-pad sort of sucks. So go for PS3.

But if you want the true, classic Mega Man experience, go with the Wii version since you play it just like the NES.

I looked it up a little bit, and really I see no reason to spend 10 bucks on a game that is just a total fanservice game, not being a fan of the old NES Megamans anyway.

Truthfully, I don't like this one as much as the NES ones mainly because it's about 20 times harder. I can only beat one boss (Galaxy Man), can only get to fighting two others (Splash Woman and Concrete Man) and am no where close to being able to fight the other 5. Maybe the Proto Man pack can make it easier.

I played the demo and it stays very true to the old formula, which is good.

Only problem i had is that you can't slide, and as far as the 2D mega man games go you could slide since Mega Man 3. Its not the end of the world but i kinda miss it.

i tried each level, didnt get to the boss in any of them. it does seem harder than the NES games. i dont remember so many spikes and little enemies that take out chunks of health.

but after i figured out the correct boss order and tried each level a few times, im now at wilys castle. if anything its a bit easier, thanks to the item shop. just kill a lot until you get a bunch of screws and you can buy 1ups and energy tanks galore.

one thing i like though is the in-game 'achievements'. i really like the whole thing, even if its not as good as mega man 2 and 3, my personal favs of the 8-bit era.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod