Mailbag!

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Now, I'm sure you haven't stopped receiving crazy emails, why the lack of Mailbag articles?

I think that if you want something done, then do it yourself. Of course, since I don't have access to the crazy emails, I'll just have to answer crazy forum threads. Or at least pretend they're crazy forum posts. Like this one.

used44 said:
Now, I'm sure you haven't stopped receiving crazy emails, why the lack of Mailbag articles?
Dear used number.

Ever since "our" new crazy-mail bot was installed, "our" crazy emails have dwindled into almost nothing. Now, you may wonder what constitutes a "c-mail", and the algorhithms are far too complex to explain, but here are a few hints:

* The word "Jesus". Either it's a religious nut, or it's someone angry (and therefore at least temporarily crazy) enough to use Jesus (or Jeeeeeezus!, and other forms) as a mild form of swearing in writing.
* Whenever a new ultra-hyped game is released and we don't give it an A, we cut out all emails about that game for a month, since they will invariably be from angry fanboys.
* Whenever a new ultra-hyped game is released and we -do- give it an A, we cut out all emails about that game for a month, since they will invariably be from angry bashers and trashers.
* Any email from an AOL account.

Sincerely
Not a GR staffer.

Now, if only I can manage to inject some humour, I'm sure I'll have something good going here. So, ask me your crazy questions! :p

we've been short-staffed recently, and the holiday games are flooding in. but that's no excuse. ive got some good stuff and i'll try to put together a mailbag very soon.

Duke_Ferris said:
we've been short-staffed recently, and the holiday games are flooding in. but that's no excuse. ive got some good stuff and i'll try to put together a mailbag very soon.

How about you enlist me to answer your mail? I work for free and I'm angry all the time.

FATAL1TY said:
IDK but that's my favorite part of the site besides the forums I'll write one myself if you need it
Not to be cruel, but here's a tip: Whenever you apply for some writing position (even just for fun), it's a good idea to have your language straightened out. Putting in punctuation, for instance, is something any prospective employer will notice right away. Or rather, they notice right away if it isn't there.

Even the code monkeys know this.

At least I think they do...

Has anyone seen them lately?

And yeah, I'm sure plenty of people here would enjoy the fame of being allowed to insult the scum of the net, the people who gives GIFT a face, the people who actually responds to the offer of $15 million from a very nice bloke in Nigeria... Come to think of it, I'd like that position. But frankly, I'm afraid I'd usually end up being too long-winded, thus only answering one e-mail per mailbag and still filling the page.

Of course, if that should actually be a desirable trait...

I don't think the GR mailbag would really be the GR mailbag if someone who wasn't a member of GR was answering the mail.

Voxen said:
I don't think the GR mailbag would really be the GR mailbag if someone who wasn't a member of GR was answering the mail.

I'm the GR Employee they never hired.

I think Colin still has a restraining order on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle