Legend of Grimrock

GRColin

Rookie
I'm surprised to see no reviews for this game by any of the GR staff seeing as how it is an above average indie title that also happens to be just 5 dollars on Steam, right now...Hint hint.

Any staff members here that have given it a try? It'd be nice to see a review for an indie game that isn't some quirky, artsy stuff or some retro (re: hipster) 8-bit game.

I was thinking this, but about Hotline Miami. It's been getting some pretty heavy praise lately, so I was a bit surprised it didn't get reviewed. I mean, it's not like there are better games to play.

Nothing? Really? Okay :(

At least Longo loves me enough to reply.

I heard Hotline Miami really makes you uncomfortable with yourself and decisions.

I played Grimrock and did review it for the site I contribute to, very good game.

I wouldn't mind more indie stuff involved on the site. Would be fun to see different things every so often, although it might be difficult since they would come out of the pocket of the reviewers I presume.

Links kind of hit on it as it costs us budget to review games that we're not contacted about. I would happily do the review, especially if they sent us a code at launch, but instead of looking back at all the games we missed out on, we have to just keep plowing forward.

What it comes down to is $5 here, $20 there, maybe we have to pay a freelancer for the review as well, so the total expense for say Legend of Grimrock would be anywhere from $30 to $55. Our content budget isn't too big so that takes away from the News, previews, and other reviews.

I'm full time so my time doesn't work the same way, but it's still difficult to say to Anthony while he's working out the budget for the month "hey, can I have money for a game that came out two months ago?" when I could be asking for money for other projects.

I'm sorry I didn't reply right away! I saw your post, but I don't have much of a response than to shrug and say "them's the bricks."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod