Just saying...

So some of you remember a manifesto about Tactical Nuclear Penguin which boasts a ABV of 32%

http://www.brewdog.com/tactical_nuclear_penguin

Well I got a chance to actually see a bottle of that and one called Sink the Bismarck which has a ABV of 41%

http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark

My friends and I didn't actually buy a bottle because they were $80 and $90 respectively.
I forgot to get a picture of them too. The place only got in 7 bottles of each too.

From what I understand, to enjoy those beers you need to eat a roasted German with a side of potatoes just to counter how incredibly harsh it is.

41% alcohol in a beer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think I want one. If I had 2 wouldn't it kill me?

I've had a 18% ABV beer before...Shit is strong. At that point it starts to lose it's taste and just overpower your mouth

Green_Lantern said:
WickedLiquid said:
That's crazy, the most i've had is 10% lol.

What kind of beer do you drink? Most stouts and imperial stouts are 10 to 13%

i dunno about you but most beers people around here drink that don't think theyre beer connoisseurs are in the 3.5-5.5% range.

and people think the beer i drink is too strong, lol.

Who the heck drinks any of those, though? Not to be a beer snob, but there are so many microbreweries around here that I rarely drink any domestics. If I do buy a sixer instead of fill a growler, I still opt for the off-name-brand stuff.

I realize this has nothing to do with the ABV, sorry.

Why do you need so much in a beer?
Beer's for the taste, the extremely powerful Vodka i rock is for when you want to get absolutely smashed.

Green_Lantern said:
WickedLiquid said:
That's crazy, the most i've had is 10% lol.

What kind of beer do you drink? Most stouts and imperial stouts are 10 to 13%

Russian Imperial Stout called Devil in the Details - 16% alcohol. Try it, you don't taste the alcohol and it's phenomenal!

I had Duvel before...8.5%, I liked it, but could definately taste the strength. so that x4/5.....maybe too strong?

used44 said:
Who the heck drinks any of those, though? Not to be a beer snob, but there are so many microbreweries around here that I rarely drink any domestics. If I do buy a sixer instead of fill a growler, I still opt for the off-name-brand stuff.

I realize this has nothing to do with the ABV, sorry.

everyone drinks those beers. only on the internet does everyone drink beers no one has ever heard of.

i drink grolsch which is considered weird from my friends who are all drinking corona, blue, coors, etc.

welcome to the internet, the place where the harder your beer of choice is to pronounce the more cool points you score.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod