I've created a monster!!!!

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
I always knew that my sons and I would share an awesome bond that I never did with my dad: VIDEOGAMES! My dad and I share a lot of interests like college football, an enjoyment of movies, tennis, golf, and traveling. But I've always held a soft spot for the sports stuff because it gave me an opportunity to also talk to my dad and just hang out and have fun with him. I always liked when I got to see him as a competitor too. And now I have soccer and swimming with my boys and that's a lot of fun too. But, dang it, I now have a built-in excuse for playing videogames for the rest of my life and let's not even forget about grandkids!

But you want to know the best part? Do you? My oldest son is actually pretty good.

I volunteer with the youth in my neighborhood and a couple of nights ago we had a game night. My house was filled with 14-17 year old guys and we sat down for some "friendly" gmaes of NBA Jam. Everybody made teams and we held a tournament. Lacking a partner, I asked my son to take a controller. They all laughed...little did they know. Not only can my son dunk, he knows how to alley-oop, pass effectively and steal/shove like a boss. On top of that, hours of playing by my side has netted him trash talk phrases. The first game was a "fluke". The second game I told him to focus on landing threes...and he did. By the time we won, it was established. A five year-old swept the floor with them.

Being a dad is fun. Sorry if me talking about my kids annoys you. Indulge me. Where else can I brag about this and not get called a bad parent?

paradesillyboys.png

Since I don't have any stories like that, I'll tell you about my dad.

So I bought him a Ms. Pac Man machine, right? He is addicted to it. Like, he's gotten damn good at Ms. Pac Man. I think he can get to level 8 or so now regularly, and is constantly getting better.

Yes, there are numerous times where they now outstrip me in LittleBigPlanet. I'll die and they carry on and get to the respawn.

My six year old nephew beat me on Wii Sports in bowling. Little bastard had a turkey!
Also, what did you do to the child on the left?

I feel you on this man! Entirely!

I got my nephew into videogames a few years ago. Thanks to the wide open worlds of BF1942 I was able to get him used to controls on a computer, and it was just taking it step by step from there. I got him onto the consoles, and I see him getting better just about every week. Its still a little difficult to get him to play properly sometimes, but I have absolutely no doubt that within a few short years he'll be close to my skill level, by the time he is my age he'll have left me in the dust.

Gotta love bringing this joy to the youths!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod