Is the proverbial crap about to hit the fan?

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Re: Osama being dead. But completely different topic from both used and Lethean.

The first thing that came to my mind is that whether or not he still is "in control" of the terrorist groups attacking different countries, I don't look forward to possible retaliation.

We'll see how it goes, I don't feel too safe considering the TSA is more intent on groping children and molesting people, but we just have to hope the military has their stuff together.

So, he died when he was 54 years old...

And now we're not allowed to take a bottle of coke or a nail file on an airplane, while we get raped and lined up like cattle to stand in security for 2 hours before boarding a plane for a 1hour flight.

Yeah, guess who won that fucking fight.

2165465.jpg

Chris_Crime said:
no doubt about it, ignorance was bliss.

but knowing what i know now, i'm not giving up safety for a pat down and a bottle of coke.
nail file liberties or airline safety, heh. I'll have to find some way to exist without that nail file on a 1 hour flight. :roll:
You do realize you can take knives onto planes providing they're not made of metal?
Ceramic and Obsidian comes to mind.

But no, that bottle of coke is pure lethal shit mate.

I've been on more flights than you have (just guessing - i've been on roughly 30 or more), including flying on September 12th, 2002 in the US of A.
The single constant is that it's far, far, FAR more likely for pilot error to kill me than terrorists. And if they're determined, not a damn thing you can do is going to stop them. There's infinite ways to bring down a plane if you want to, but terrorists aren't stupid and realize that it's much easier to simply blow up a subway train or something than a plane.

Needless bullshit security at the cost of freedom is a terrible idea. More people die of being complete idiots every year than terrorist attacks.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Chris, obviously madster's nail hygiene trumps yours.
I work at a tyre shop, getting grease and rubber and dirt and shit all up under my fingernails all day.

Then i get home and clean them with my teeth.

To those of you who just cringed, harden the fuck up.

madster111 said:
So, he died when he was 54 years old....

Wait, are you saying he was old and therefore close to death? 54 is actually a very young age to die. Jeez, what's the average life span in Australia? :p

Back on topic, saying that there will be retaliation is a grim way of looking at this. Do we have to go back to the damn colour chart again? Oh look, it's yellow today, I guess I can go outside! ....right after that plane flies by.....

Maybe I'm just not as worried since I'm Canadian but Bin Laden killed over 3000 people. He shouldn't of gotten away with it just because his boys got his back yo. The media loves to prey on your fears, don't give in.

He orchestrated the events that killed a lot of people, and obviously deserved to die. It may have been a wildly expensive and inefficient operation, but in the we got him, which was the right thing to do.

If we didn't take him down for fear of terrorist retaliation, wouldn't that in some way be playing into the hands of terrorists?

unctarheels said:
He orchestrated the events that killed a lot of people, and obviously deserved to die. It may have been a wildly expensive and inefficient operation, but in the we got him, which was the right thing to do.

If we didn't take him down for fear of terrorist retaliation, wouldn't that in some way be playing into the hands of terrorists?

Exactly. Obama caught him and everyone is all "Oh gee whiz guys! I don't know about this...."

To everyone who thinks this was a BAD idea, do me a favor. Stick your hand down your pants, you should be feeling what is called balls. America has balls; we used them when we took down Bin Laden.

I was against the war in Iraq and some people think I'm a hypocrite for supporting this. Well, we all hated Bush, not because he had balls, but because he was in fact, a fucking moron. Obama has brains AND balls, and it's what we need. This isn't pro-black bull shit I'm preaching here, it's just the truth. Nobody was ever opposed to taking out Osama Bin Laden, we were opposed to diverting our attention away from that onto other things. Such as a war that began under false pretenses (Weapons of Mass Destruction my ass).

Is this the end of Al-Qaeda? Noooo. But it's a step in the right direction.

WickedLiquid said:
Wait, are you saying he was old and therefore close to death? 54 is actually a very young age to die. Jeez, what's the average life span in Australia? :p
No, but it's not exactly like he was killed when he was young. Most people live to, what, around 80? maybe 90?
That means he lived over half the natural life span of someone in a well developed country with excellent healthcare. He himself would have been lucky to live to over 65 naturally.

So yes, he was killed. But only a few years before nature would have done that anyway. Plus, my anti-fear/safety rant still stands.

OH NO! TERRORISTS! THEY MIGHT KILL ME!
Meanwhile the same dickhead is at a bar drinking and smoking, then drives home.

Nothing happened when Saddam went down...the same will probably happen this time too.

MattAY said:
Nothing happened when Saddam went down...the same will probably happen this time too.

Apparently no one in the radical Islamic world gave a crap about Saddam's execution. Osama on the other hand has become their martyr, a symbol for ultimate "jihad" against the West.

Hexagram said:
MattAY said:

Apparently no one in the radical Islamic world gave a crap about Saddam's execution. Osama on the other hand has become their martyr, a symbol for ultimate "jihad" against the West.

And possibly the one stone that'll cross more terrorist attacks. I mean, when you kill someone's leader, you're bound for Some kind of retaliation. We retaliated against them when they killed our citizens.

The military is on high alert and will continue to be for a little while. Terrorists know this and won't attack anything because anything has a high chance of failure right now.

Osama dying is more of a symbolic victory than anything else. Al Qaoda can easily operate without Osama as he stepped away from taking an active role in their operations a while ago. Al Qaida more just worked off of Osama's intent and not his direct input.

Osama being dead does a lot more good for the US than it does for weakening Al Qaida and other extremist terrorist groups. Now that Osama is dead, America can further focus its effort on track other leaders who have a more active role in operations. Also, if Obama does keep his promise and end up pulling US troops out of Afghanistan soon he will be looked upon as the guy who ended the controversial war on terror.

FrozenBacon said:
Also, if Obama does keep his promise and end up pulling US troops out of Afghanistan soon he will be looked upon as the guy who ended the controversial war on terror.

That would be a cool guy to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod