I'm going to start a topic for one song

Just listened to it while walking through the park to my house. It was good for the first minute and a half or so, but I think it got a little repetitive.

have u seen the video for stylo? song is meh, but the video is insane... best music vid ive ever seen imo, quality wise. it has freaking bruce willis in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vAOzYz-Qs&feature=fvst

though i think stylo is better than what you posted.

definitely isnt as good as old gorillaz thats for sure.

that said, i find the gorillaz grow on you the more you listen.. so in a few weeks i could love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-f-dHvM ... re=related

best song on the album i think.. REALLY like this song.

"definitely isnt as good as old gorillaz thats for sure."

i retract that statement entirely actually lol.. giving everything a second listen, and loving it.. think i like it more. maybe i'm in a different mood from when i first listened this morning

That Stylo video is insane.

And Rhinestone Eyes is growing on me while it's playing.

Still not very much feeling Some Kind of Nature though. and I haven't heard any of the rest of the album.

edit: Just dirpy'd the album from that guy, so it's playing while I'm on mw2. I was pleasantly surprised that Snoop Dogg was on the opening track. That was pretty sick.

Gorillaz bring music that you have to listen to several times before truly enjoying it, in my opinion. I really like Stylo though.

I also love that it's not just music, the videos are big part of the band too. I would love to see them in concert.

The band's music isn't nearly as thorough as its universe. It's crazy. The autobiographical (but obviously fictional) book is like 250 pages or something? It explains literally everything, I suggest reading the wikipedia, it's pretty interesting. It's like Damon Albarn invented a fake band and part of the deal was he had to make music for it. Except the music is amazing.

-FCM- said:
The band's music isn't nearly as thorough as its universe. It's crazy. The autobiographical (but obviously fictional) book is like 250 pages or something? It explains literally everything, I suggest reading the wikipedia, it's pretty interesting. It's like Damon Albarn invented a fake band and part of the deal was he had to make music for it. Except the music is amazing.

I have the book. Its called "The Rise of the Ogre"

The artwork in it alone makes it cool as hell, much like their website.

GORILLAZ are sick and everything created is great.

I'd say the music is very thorough. It is Damon Albarn from Blur proving that in the Blur vs Oasis decision Britain made the wrong choice. His ability to collaborate with some of the best in the business on their last two albums is probably topped by this Albums collection of appearances by Lou Reed, Bobby Womack, Snoop (yeah, the intro song he does is fantastic lyric poetry) and Mos Def.

This is an album you probably shouldn't miss. For posterity.

StalfrosCC said:
I'd say the music is very thorough. It is Damon Albarn from Blur proving that in the Blur vs Oasis decision Britain made the wrong choice. His ability to collaborate with some of the best in the business on their last two albums is probably topped by this Albums collection of appearances by Lou Reed, Bobby Womack, Snoop (yeah, the intro song he does is fantastic lyric poetry) and Mos Def.

This is an album you probably shouldn't miss. For posterity.

I whole heartedly agree with StalfrosCC.

Mind=blown

*hugs*

I never buy albums unless I feel 75%+ of it is worth my hard earned money. This is an album I'll be picking up and supporting.

I've been looking forward to this album for months and I have to say although it's cool that we can hear the whole thing already I'm kinda bummed that when I get the CD it won't be the first time I'm hearing the songs.

But on an up note, the Stylo video is AMAZING

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle