• I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was alright

• I didn't like it

• Total voters
FrozenBacon said:
THe half life games are fun as hell the first time around but have no replay value, especially HL2. I don't think I ever played through HL2 fully for a second time.

Lord_Fornelius said:
Meh....To me, it was really just an average FPS game with alot of of minor improvments. However, it stands out at trying not to be similiar to Halo (a game were every fuckin' FPS is copyig).

If you played FPS games before Halo, you would know how much that game copied off of others when it first came out. That is why so many PC gamers hate halo, it is pure mediocrity yet the public eats it up.

I also cannot believe you just called HL1 an average FPS, when HL first came out it was anything but average.

I was saying that Half-Life 2 was average, not Half-Life 1. The first game was pretty revolutionary for its time, compared to the more arcadey FPS games that were around (like Quake).

Half...way through it was at its best

Man, hl2 is pretty sweet. I love the storyline, the gameplay the graphics... And hell, I know we have Crysis and such photo-realistical doo dah, but hell- Its a game, not real life, and I think the source engine and the graphics it makes for us is just perfect. If you didnt play through to the point of Ravenholm- you are missing out. Thats an amazing, awesome, freaky, fun-filled zombie slaughtering eerie level of win. I played Ravenholm about 6 times.
:D

Half life 2.
When I finally beaten portal ( the main reason why I gotten the orange box) I tried playing Half life 2. I hated it. About a month later, no new games, halo was losing its taste and I give Half life another try.
And this average FPS sucked me in with it story and the way they told it. I wish I played the first one to know whats going on, but yeah.

I'll agree that HL2 had an "odd" pace to it, but episode one and two fixed that problem.
Half life 2 is great game for anyone looking for great story with couple plot twists and turns.
But I warn, its not COD4 nor H3.

Lord_Fornelius said:
Meh....To me, it was really just an average FPS game with alot of of minor improvments. However, it stands out at trying not to be similiar to Halo (a game were every fuckin' FPS is copyig).

sigh...Boy, I really regreted what I said there. I've played Half-Life 2 and the two episodes, and I must say that the Half-Life 2 games are the most imersive, engaging and best FPS game(s), I've ever played.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod