How much do you like Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by The_Big_Cheese, May 23, 2008.

?

How much do you like Half-Life 2?

1. I love it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It was alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I didn't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lord_Fornelius

I was saying that Half-Life 2 was average, not Half-Life 1. The first game was pretty revolutionary for its time, compared to the more arcadey FPS games that were around (like Quake).

2. Oscihedgehog

Oscihedgehog Rookie

Half...way through it was at its best

Man, hl2 is pretty sweet. I love the storyline, the gameplay the graphics... And hell, I know we have Crysis and such photo-realistical doo dah, but hell- Its a game, not real life, and I think the source engine and the graphics it makes for us is just perfect. If you didnt play through to the point of Ravenholm- you are missing out. Thats an amazing, awesome, freaky, fun-filled zombie slaughtering eerie level of win. I played Ravenholm about 6 times.
    :D

3. druglord

druglord Novice

Half life 2.
    When I finally beaten portal ( the main reason why I gotten the orange box) I tried playing Half life 2. I hated it. About a month later, no new games, halo was losing its taste and I give Half life another try.
    And this average FPS sucked me in with it story and the way they told it. I wish I played the first one to know whats going on, but yeah.

I'll agree that HL2 had an "odd" pace to it, but episode one and two fixed that problem.
    Half life 2 is great game for anyone looking for great story with couple plot twists and turns.
    But I warn, its not COD4 nor H3.

4. Lord_Fornelius

sigh...Boy, I really regreted what I said there. I've played Half-Life 2 and the two episodes, and I must say that the Half-Life 2 games are the most imersive, engaging and best FPS game(s), I've ever played.

5. TIncisionT

TIncisionT Rookie

I liked the first better.