Discord explanation/experience please! (& Destiny 2 clan maybe?)

sli

Jam fan
Hi all,

So Discord is very foreign to me, only having starting to hear about it for perhaps half a year? I don't PC game, and don't talk to people much (cough), especially strangers. I don't know what Ventrilo or TeamSpeak is, but I do know Skype. Is Discord like Line or Twitter, with chat+VOIP with custom groups, but specifically targeted for gamers?

And what is discord.me?

After getting into Destiny during its last few months, it really does seem like a game that fosters community. I like the game, so will be playing Destiny 2 at launch. Will GR be getting an official clan that I/we can join for Destiny 2? (They've been saying clanmates enjoy rewards when everybody in the clan completes activities, even when running solo, so we don't actually NEED to be extremely active or even chat to feel a part of the group!) Otherwise I'd probably like to join a smaller youtuber's clan, and it seems they function mainly through discord.

Well, there we go, my what and why. Can anybody give a brief summary of what Discord is, and is it worth signing up for yet another online account? Thanks!

Discord is essentially a cross between ventrilo/TS and Skype. So essentially you go into a voice channel and talk to the group, if you want a more private voip you could also call a person on your friends list. It's also free (for now). So if you have friends who uses Ventrilo or TS but couldn't afford a server then Discord is an excellent alternative plus you could switch servers on a fly. I would get an account only if you have a community that uses it.

Discord is essentially a cross between ventrilo/TS and Skype. So essentially you go into a voice channel and talk to the group, if you want a more private voip you could also call a person on your friends list. It's also free (for now). So if you have friends who uses Ventrilo or TS but couldn't afford a server then Discord is an excellent alternative plus you could switch servers on a fly. I would get an account only if you have a community that uses it.

Gotcha, thanks!

(Don't seem to be many Destiny players around here...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod