Headphones for Gaming

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
So over the weekend, I got to use my little brother's Turtle Beach P21 headphones, and I was pretty impressed. My whole life I've turned the volume down whenever I played games in order to not annoy parents/ roommates/ sleeping children. Which means that I often miss out on the complete experience.

But now I'm looking into getting a decent set, nothing too crazy. Doesn't have to be 5.1. Any recommendations on stuff you use would be helpful (with a mic or without). I'll be using it on a PS3 and trying to keep it on the cheaper side. Just don't want to go into this blind.

Well, I love music and bought this for my iPod, but I enjoy it for games (L4D with the lights off and these on) too. Theyre these skull candy brand headphones with a battery powered subwoofer in it. Its a good time.

My favs ever were Sony MDR-v600s but I fucked them up while moving. Now I need a new set.

<--Sennheiser HD 580 Pro 64-Ohms (I use it for my keyboard, but it works just as well for the PS3 & PC)
sound definitely makes a difference.

If you want to play a game and not wake your kids/wife - you should def. invest.

I have a set of Turtle Beach X2's that have been collecting a fine layer of dust on my desk for the past 6 months or so. I thought they'd broken, then I fixed them about the same time as I stopped playing games on my 360, so I have no use for them anymore. I dunno if they'd work on the PS3 but you could give it a shot.

My friend had these awesome ones, forgot the name but I think they were a Sony Brand. Connecting them was a bit of a hassle, but they were wireless and once they're hooked up, man was it awesome.

It's basically surround sound in your ears. I never expected to know my enemies are around the corner or closing in by their footsteps, but they made it easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle