ROCK BAND

I recently got to try out Rock Band over this thanksgiving break. My friend brought it over and we hooked that thing up to my 52' DLP with 5.1 and it was pretty fun.

Now it took us about 10 minutes to assemble; the damn thing comes with so many parts. You have to connect this mini 4port USB connector to a AC wall outlet then from there, which then connects to a port in your 360. Then you got to assemble the drums, with the bass drum peddle thingy, and then you can connect the microphone and the two guitars.

As we created our band, we took on the World Tour. I was on the mic a lot, since everyone else was to 'shy' to sing apparently. I'm not sure if I like the HUD, I guess I'm to use too GH's colorful circular fret buttons. Guitars and bass are nothing too special, but the singing was hard to get down. I had such a hard time with the songs, I just didn't know a lot of them. I knew some songs like 'Sabotage, Maps, Creep, Here we go again,' but the older songs I didn't know the lyrics.

But like every review has been stating, the drums have to be the hardest and most entertaing aspect of the game. Drums are sturdy, the wooden Ludwig sticks are sturdy, but they feel like they're unbalanced in weight.

Anybody else get a chance to play this? Think the price is too steep?

I played a demo of it maybe a month ago (Bass for "Flies in the Vaseline," if you were wondering). Everyone agreed that the guitar's strum bar felt "mushy" and a little imprecise. Still had fun playing it, I wouldn't mind playing it more. Is the game rentable?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle