Have you seen this Trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDhfTGkLTg

Let me start off by saying that I dont even like God of War, and i didnt much like Devil May Cry. But this commercial makes me wanna play the new Ascension or whatever its called.
There was a great article on GR recently about using live actors to market games, but i cant seem to find it...(drinking again). After watching this trailer I now understand that article from the buyers standpoint. im gonna drive drunk all the way to gamestop when this one comes out just cause they sold me on it with a single commercial.
I dunno what im even getting at, but you gotta admit its a badass game commercial :)

Nah, I'm picking up what you're drunkenly putting down, CP. Live-action commercials play to the gamer's imagination, plus I think if they're done right they can really sell you on the high-level concept of a game, rather than the "you hit people with swords" kind of stuff.

That said I think the God of War series is one of the worst AAA franchises in gaming and I've never played a single entry all the way through.

I've seen this "God of War: Ascension" Commercial before, but not during the 2013 Super Bowl. A shorter 30 Second version is still running on cable TV, at least at the time of this writing.

Yeah, I agree with the style of this ad being effective. It does not show off any in-game gameplay, but the live-actors & the scenery are made to look like a Movie or TV Show. This is mainly done to get the attention of casual gamers or non-gamers.

Even my mother who is not a gamer, asked me what the commercial was about, when she saw it on TV, because she must have thought it was for a film or something.

I watched the "making of" video before seeing the full trailer, and I just didn't really like it at all.

But now when I see the shorter version playing on TV I really like it. So I guess it grew on me or something. Seeing the little girl's face turn to ash freaks me out though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle