Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hatton by decision

• Draw

• Total voters

unctarheels

Rookie
Ok so I literally typed over 2,000 words on what I thought about this fight, but when I tried to submit I I wasn't logged in, so I lose the post. And i'm drunk and tired so I don't want anything to fucking do with typing that again, so I'll gradually give my opinions over the course of this topic.

But what does everyone think about this fight?

that's happened to me at least twice. Now I just save the long ones in wordpad.

For as strong as Hatton is I don't see Mayweather laying in one spot long enough for him to do any damage. De La Hoya pounded on Mayweather and it all amounted to nothing. Mayweather is gonna dance rings around Hatton. Easily.

Actually, the only way I can see Hatton winning is if Mayweather breaks his own hand throwing a punch.

It's gonna take a Sugar Shane Mosley to beat Mayweather.

hattons a perfect body puncher, look for the first 5 rounds to be nothing but flurries to the body, taking out mayweathers steam

after that it just sets hatton up to drop hooks left and right, mayweather cant dance his way out of this one

Gosh, I wish I could watch this one but it's HBO PPV. Anyways I saw youtube videos on how the fight started and I am for Hatton 100%. He is definitely a better professional boxer. But their both undefeated...so who knows...it will be one great fight.

Why is this not a poll?!

I'm with Hatton! For the mere reasons that we share the same name and I think Mayweather's a dick.

You want it, you got it!

Ok so as for the fight, I really want Ricky to win. He has been one of my favorite boxers for quite some time, and i've been waiting for this particular fight to happen for awhile. So now that it is, i'm getting both excited and nervous.

First off I supported De La Hoya in this summer's superfight, but while in that fight I was really just hoping an over the hill DLH could catch Floyd with his left hook early and hurt him, I'm actually confident that Ricky can do damage to floyd by being so damn relentless.

Overall Ricky is a much better body puncher than DLH, and again he will come with flurry after flurry with hooks to the body, while DLH was trying to kill Mayweather's head. Floyd has the best non-blocking defense of any boxer i've seen in quite some time, but the only way to really defend hooks to the body is by dropping your elbows low, exposing your head and limiting yoru range of motion. And while pretty boy floyd beat DLH, he didn't look great in doing in, a trend that has become increasingly apparent in his last few fights.

Floyd has been winning fights later and later, not scoring a knockout since 4 fights ago in 2005 against Sharmba Mitchell (after Mitchelle had his knee problems). I'm pretty sure alot of that has to do with his fear of throwing power punches and hurting his hands like he did against Judah. I think if Ricky can land early he will win the fight since Floyd will be forced to actually fight in the later rounds, but if Floyd does get up early he'll just run around the ring late, and he'll be really tough to catch.

So in hopeful biased optimism i'm going to take Ricky, but I really think this is by far Floyd's best opponent yet, and his best chance to lose. So come saturday we'll see what happens.

Chris_Crime said:
Mayweather wins by fight stoppage in the 8th!

Admit it, I was almost right! Most judges would've stopped the fight but good call on the ref for not calling the fight in the 8th. Let the people get their money's worth.

Mayweather wins in 10 KO

And it's fights like this that show why MMA can't touch Boxing. In the fight world, the sweet science reigns supreme.

One hell of a fight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle