Have you guys ever thought about adding a Poll?

unctarheels

Rookie
Ok so i'm a long time reader....&..long time pos..ter...

...anyways reading the topic name, have you guys ever thought about addi a poll to the website?

As a college student who browses alot of websites, I definately know what keeps me interested in certain ones. And of all of my favorite websites (I have quite a few), I check ESPN.com and Gamefaqs every day. Now to be fair, I would check ESPN no matter what, because i'm a sports fanatic, but the ONLY reason I check gamefaqs.com is that they have their daily poll. Seriously the only other reason I have to check that website is that I'm stuck on an RPG or a FPS boss fight, but regardless i browse it every day to click my god damn poll opinion.

Now, the reason I bring it up is....i'm drunk....

....BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the other reason is that, you guys dont add new main page content that often (in comparison to Gamespot/IGN/etc..), which is not neccesarily a bad thing (I am a loyal fan, have been for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, maybe dUKE remembers when I emailed him asking to lock my post count at 1 [which apparently was impossible, during the postcount spam fananza). So yeah random tangent over-

but random website browser idiots need a reason (other than the box-o-games contest [which they can check from their email]) to keep checking out this website. I fucking love this website, and have forever, and this is just a simple idea for keeping daily traffic coming through.... hell I will even write the daily poll(or have one of the other creative forum minds do so), but i'm sure someone can comeup with a poll question better than "What time do you typically go to sleep?"

We should have a poll on whether or not we should have a poll. I vote yes!

Ok I didn't really remember writing that post until I reread it just now, and I know drunken ideas usually flop....

But rereading that one...it sounded pretty good to me!

It's a brilliant idea. I would love to see a poll on the site. Ask Joeblow while he is in full "tweak mode."

It's a good idea. We need something on the cover to change every single day, and a poll would work. It's a tough one to implement, though, because if you look at Gamefaqs' poll, that sucker is at least 400 x 400 pixels (larger than our main featured image on the cover, which is 300 x 225). Even a smaller poll box would require a redesign of the front cover, and we aren't ready for that.

It's a good idea, unctarheels, and I think we could come up with some pretty funny polls. But in the meantime, we're just going to have to try and update the normal stuff more frequently.

Because that would be retarded. I hate Gamespot's big, scrolling front page.

Kool_Aide_Man said:
There's alot of space under the "Gaming News "section. Couldn't we add a poll under that?

Yes, we talked about it today and we're considering a poll block possibly under gaming news. Maybe a link to previous polls which would load them all up in the center column.

We're not sure if the polls should change daily or weekly or whenever or on some more haphazard basis yet.

But keep the suggestions coming...even when you're drunk :)

I'd say start off weekly and if people actually respond, try it at a smaller interval. If the people like it, you wont be able to stop. Think about what you're getting yourselves into. These people here can be biotches.

Joe_Dodson said:
Even a smaller poll box would require a redesign of the front cover, and we aren't ready for that.

Are you the same Joe Dodson who favours a high flying spiderman over a well grounded wolverine!? LIVE DANGEROUSLY!

I say don't do dumb polls like the ones on Gamefaqs though, do stuff that would involve people on the site, newbies and the vets on the MB. Like who would kick whose ass, Ryu or Mario, or who is sexier, Lara Croft or Chun Li.

I'm pretty sure they can come up with better polls than "Who is the better character?"

I swear if the poll ends up being a "Who is sexier, this videogame character or this one?" I will never vote on a single poll ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle