Grapple Anyone?

xXJudyXx

Regular
It's been quite some time since I've posted on the forums. My friend had recently introduced me to a new modified fruit called the Grapple. For those not familiar with a Grapple, it is a grape and an apple mixed together. It has the appearance and texture of an apple, but the scent and flavouring like a grape.

I was wondering what other types of modified fruits are out there and if any of you have tried them out. What did you think? I personally didn't care for the grapple. Much rather eat an actual apple.

I didn't really like the Grapple either. But back in Arizona, my neighbor had a tangelo tree. I'm pretty sure they were a mix between orange and tangerine. Basically imagine the a slightly sharper tastingtangerine but it's the size of an orange.

My dad and I tried the grapple once. Pretty disgusting. I hate that artificial grape soda flavor.

That sounds delicious. I've got some tangelos on my counter as we speak, as well. The problem is, those are actual hybrid fruits, Grapples are just regular apples soaked in artificial flavoring. Yuck.

My favorite hybrid fruit is the honeycrisp apple. May seem boring since it's just a hybrid of apples, but damn they're delicious.

One of my most interesting classes was a 300 level Bio course, Bioethics. We talked about all the applications that Biology-learnin' had in the practical world.

One of the most retarded things that we read and discussed was a company that was wasting money in developing flavorless grapes (no flavor to the skin, no flavor to the filling, they wanted it to be tasteless). For the purpose of then injecting them with artificial flavors. Talk about missing the point. There's a ton of modified foods out there too (cauliflower, for instance), then there are all the insect, drought, etc.-resistant modified ones out there.

Slight derail imminent: In other news, SPIDERGOAT.

It depends upon what you mean by "modified". As far as hybrids go, peppermint is probably one of the tops. ;) Tangelos, by the way, are usually a cross between tangerines and pomelos or grapefruits (grapefruits also being hybrids?). They're tasty tasty.

Something that I cannot bring myself to eat are broccoflowers... There's just something about them that I can't do. Ergh. Also, anything that's giant. This includes carrots, although I'm sure I eat a lot of them chopped up, without knowing it. Creepy.

Ooh, that reminds me, broccolini are delicious. Cross between asparagus and broccoli, kinda.

when i first saw the grapple at safeway, it was a big wtf.

I think its retarded that you would want to have a grape flavored apple, but i bought them just for the sake of it. Honestly, the grape-y flavor was so subtle it was like eating a regular apple, so no, i wouldn't pay good money for them.

I do kinda wish that someone can develop a grapefruit where the skin comes off really easily. I find it therapeutic to peel the skin off it but its starting to be annoying.

People who peel grapefruit are weirdos (including my wife). You're supposed to chop that baby in half and eat it with a cereal spoon.

Longo_2_guns said:
So, they make you fart and make your pee stink? Sounds awesome.

Both these things are kind of the human condition by default...

Anyway, does a toffee apple count?

I just mix grapes and bananas together in a bowl, does that count too?

I am not a fan of the grapple or any of those mixed fruits, for me it was always kind of, well weird, honestly. Like it's something out of science fiction.

I always thought the notion of asparagus making your pee stink was a joke or fable. Turns out that it's true, it just doesn't have that effect on some people, me included.

piracer said:
I do kinda wish that someone can develop a grapefruit where the skin comes off really easily. I find it therapeutic to peel the skin off it but its starting to be annoying.
YES.

used44 said:
People who peel grapefruit are weirdos (including my wife). You're supposed to chop that baby in half and eat it with a cereal spoon.
NO.

Yeah, I used to be one of those spooners, but that's just tedious and requires utensils and all that messiness. Just attack it, I say! You get more out of it that way. Economical!

Grapplr is the name of my new revolutionary Web 2.0 app. Now that I have the name, I just need to make it do something, and I will be the next Mark Zuckerberg.

used44 said:
I always thought the notion of asparagus making your pee stink was a joke or fable. Turns out that it's true, it just doesn't have that effect on some people, me included.
Lucky bastard.

You know what else makes your pee stink? Sugar Smacks. Though then it smells like Smacks for a day, which is not unpleasant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle