GR just isn't the same as it used to be.

used44 said:
There was one before. Did it work?

Just going to say this for the fiftieth freaking time.

THAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON I STARTED POSTING IN THE FORUM. IT'S THE REASON I CHOSE GR OVER THE HUNDREDS OF OTHER GAMING SITES.

Seriously, Dan, this was a huge draw. Instead of just reading an article and moving on, it gave me a place where I could BS about games...and eventually other stuff too. A lot of front page lurkers will never even realize how awesome this place is until they see a top 3 forum topics and something will pique there interest. Make it happen and tell us what we have to do to make it stay on the front page and not be taken away.

Should we cue violins for a long-winded, sappy speech on the days of yore?

Or just enjoy the moment? Hmmm...

We lost a lot of people, and we gained some new people in the process. It happens, and we will push forward. were like a weird family that way playing a game of Big Brother, we all share the house and some of us leave, but we enjoy ourselves in the end with all the crazy-ass drama thats involved.

And hell, I need stuff to laugh about now a days.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:

THAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON I STARTED POSTING IN THE FORUM. IT'S THE REASON I CHOSE GR OVER THE HUNDREDS OF OTHER GAMING SITES.

Seriously, Dan, this was a huge draw. Instead of just reading an article and moving on, it gave me a place where I could BS about games...and eventually other stuff too. A lot of front page lurkers will never even realize how awesome this place is until they see a top 3 forum topics and something will pique there interest. Make it happen and tell us what we have to do to make it stay on the front page and not be taken away.
I'll start bringing this up. I think we'll replace the manifesto box with this instead.

In all seriousness, I was coming here for many years before I even knew there was a forum. Otherwise I would've been here much sooner.

Forums have life cycles, old members leave, new blood comes in. Forum dynamics change. Its the circle of internet life.

If GR was a cold turkey I would engage in the act of coitus with it so vigorously it's innards would be spread throughout my kitchen to such an extent Gill Grissom would shit his pants at the very sight.

Icepick said:
If GR was a cold turkey I would engage in the act of coitus with it so vigorously it's innards would be spread throughout my kitchen to such an extent Gill Grissom would s*** his pants at the very sight.

Nomination for Quote of the Week.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:

Hey don't get pissy with me. I wasn't being sarcastic or assuming anything. Honestly wondering. That's cool that you're proof that it worked, because you're pretty much my Bestie.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Used, I wasn't yelling at you, you were just the last person to say it and I would rather quote you than Longo or intoTheRain. You'll notice I address Dan in the third paragraph.

But really, if it means watch your language, inuendo or theme in titling topics in order to get this "viewable" on the front page. I'm game.

Icepick said:
If GR was a cold turkey I would engage in the act of coitus with it so vigorously it's innards would be spread throughout my kitchen to such an extent Gill Grissom would s*** his pants at the very sight.

I miss you, friend. :D

And someone said it above, the site just doesn't have the same internet traffic that it used to have. Complaining about the past won't change anything though. Just be active in the forums and it will become addictive, and eventually the community will grow again.

Also, the recent forum topics did work. Worked amazingly well for post whores, we always knew instantly the next topic we would be replying too.

Have you seen this man?

114793.jpg

Where are you Diabolus? He hasn’t been on GR in a while. I wonder if he’s in jail or something? Anybody know anything?

That's not a big loss.

Ghosttrip is a big loss, though. Has anyone tried sending him PM's hoping it'll be connected to his email?

Longo_2_guns said:
Ghosttrip is a big loss, though. Has anyone tried sending him PM's hoping it'll be connected to his email?

Thetank too and grandmagoodtimes while he's at it.

yes, emails to all of them! I do know that TheTank (Blair) is still alive, cause he's my facebook friend, and is still somewhat active.

I come back to GR after not visiting for probably a year and it appears to be the same place to me. A lot of crap topics, one massive pictures topic, and a political discussion every now and again. Only thing that is different is that there isn't an attention whoring girl around. I'm pretty sure there is a girl or two floating around here somewhere, but they aren't walking around with their vaginas on display saying "Hey, look what I got!"

Gotta take the nostalgia goggles off, man. GR really hasn't changed, it is just that most of your old friends have left.

Rakon said:
Madster... gone

Praise Jebus.

FrozenBacon said:
I come back to GR after not visiting for probably a year and it appears to be the same place to me. A lot of crap topics, one massive pictures topic, and a political discussion every now and again. Only thing that is different is that there isn't an attention whoring girl around. I'm pretty sure there is a girl or two floating around here somewhere, but they aren't walking around with their vaginas on display saying "Hey, look what I got!"

Gotta take the nostalgia goggles off, man. GR really hasn't changed, it is just that most of your old friends have left.

You really missed a lot then, man. The forums were dead for a while over the past year. Things have really started to pick as the community has grown recently. Lots of new faces, but good people nonetheless. Oh, and yeah, Madster is back. Seems more mature now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod