GR just isn't the same as it used to be.

MrHimashi

Rookie
I really miss old GR.

tOI1c.png

That's probably because you grew up with it. Do we REALLY have to hear another person moan about this. -_-

What's preventing this GR from being like the old GR? Just post some crazy bull shit and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. There are plenty of examples of this in the past two months.

danielrbischoff said:
What's preventing this GR from being like the old GR? Just post some crazy bull s*** and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. There are plenty of examples of this in the past two months.
You got a point lately it's been picking up.

I'm sure that the user participation isn't the same as what it used to be. That's probably the result of GR going from a 10 Million + page views/month site to what it is now (not 10 Million +).

In reality Himashi, you're representative of the slight uptick we've seen in board activity. Instead of focusing on "what's missing" or "why it's not the same" just try to participate in the same spirit you used to.

GR is still the same, a tight community complaining that it isn't as good as it used to be.

Quite frankly, I think GR is at it's best right now. Madster was the last asshole on the forums, and with him gone, we don't have anyone who deliberately antagonizes anybody for the sake of it. Sure, we have Longo, but he's a lovable asshole, mostly because he knows it.

I like GR, and although I will be appearing less and less frequently as I am pulled into the infinite abyss of school work, this is without question the best forum on the interwebz

GR is the best it's been since I originally joined in like 2001.

There are actually threads. If I post something tonight and log in tomorrow morning I can almost certainly assume things have been replied too. It's actually got some activity, and some decent posters. Though without Ugh we need another clown. We always have the Ugh, the Mitchy Slick, the kid who could bench 460 lbs and owned a harley when he was like 14 and weighed 55 lbs. always forget his name etc. Though Ugh was pretty decent and ok to have around before he left.. I guess Madster is the most recent clown.

For the first time in a long time I don't feel the only way i can get some entertainment on these boards is to rile someone up. I can just post. :lol:

Sometimes when I visit GR, I feel like a vampire fighting his own immortality. *yea I said it so what - dont like the analogy - let's fight.* I know I won't visit this place forever, but I hope I don't just get tired of it and leave. Like so many others have.

GR activity ebbs and flows man. Don't fight it. You'll get brain bubbles... You're body will just, wither up, and die.
fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-screenshot14-725933.jpg

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with GR. All we need are girls... lol. I tried to get white-noise to come back but it didn't happen :p Maybe I shouldn't have told her I liked the new curtains :?

Longo_2_guns said:
I blame the Jews.

And intotherain, you're thinking of Shane.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbxysIN-Apo8jQTvbgId57AS6SGLJK5IhbHm3xt1XtH-Zql932fAKeBrxC[/img]ooooh yeah.

danielrbischoff said:
What's preventing this GR from being like the old GR? Just post some crazy bull s*** and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. There are plenty of examples of this in the past two months.

The last crazy shit he posted was a lot of penis. so don't encourage it.

Longo, you made my evening.

I'm loving it right now. What I like about our forum is that I can post and actually get responses. Sure there's a little +1ing that occurs. But people are usually trying to make jokes and not just spamming things like "lol" or "first" or repeatedly using generic memes ad nauseum. And we may be jerks to each other, but it's all in good fun. Other forums I've tested the waters on are full of jerks and better-than-you douchebags.

I like it just fine. I wouldn't mind a couple more people to banter with, but I like it just fine.

One of my favorite proverbs goes: Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

If you miss the old GR then take same action to reclaim it, don’t just whine about. I’ve only been a member here at GR for just over 3 months, and this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this sort of thing in that time. What I haven’t heard is why the old GR was so great, what caused it to become so not great, or any constructive advice to restore GR to this former glory.

Judging by what I’ve seen and read I like GR just the way it is, not perfect, a bit gritty, fun and funny. Does that mean I don’t want it to change? No, everything and anything can be improved upon even GR. Mostly I want a few small changes, nothing radical or Revolutionary, but that would make a better blog post anyway.

used44 said:
There was one before. Did it work?

If I remember correctly it was there for a short time. Just few weeks before the change from black to white. In my opinion it was in a horrible spot too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod