gaming feats

roukey said:
kapow said:
so i just pitched a perfect game in mlb 08 with Ted Lilly, Cubs vs orioles, 110 pitches, 10 k's, pretty awesome. In my mind it's definitely the best achievement i've made in a game, so i was wondering what are some of yours?

I think this topic has been done before, but i really just wanted to brag that I pitched a PERFECT game, even if it's just a game

I have done the same, but with Dice-k against the A's. I have thrown a few no hitters. Taken a few perfect/no-no's into the 8th-9th inning only to lose it. Man that pisses me off.

o i was so close to losing it in the 9th, the first two outs were deep flys caught on the run, then for the last out i was down 3-1 in the count, but i came back to strike him out

kapow said:
roukey said:
kapow said:
so i just pitched a perfect game in mlb 08 with Ted Lilly, Cubs vs orioles, 110 pitches, 10 k's, pretty awesome. In my mind it's definitely the best achievement i've made in a game, so i was wondering what are some of yours?

I think this topic has been done before, but i really just wanted to brag that I pitched a PERFECT game, even if it's just a game

I have done the same, but with Dice-k against the A's. I have thrown a few no hitters. Taken a few perfect/no-no's into the 8th-9th inning only to lose it. Man that pisses me off.

o i was so close to losing it in the 9th, the first two outs were deep flys caught on the run, then for the last out i was down 3-1 in the count, but i came back to strike him out

Same here, but I end up screwing it up.

kapow said:

Didn't Ted Lilly used to play for the Toronto Blue Jays a couple years ago and be sub-par?

schimmel said:
kapow said:

Didn't Ted Lilly used to play for the Toronto Blue Jays a couple years ago and be sub-par?
Sub-par would be generous.

I played Doom3 with surround sound and under the influence of a certain fungus prevalent in italian food, and I didn't even cry.

Got up to around floor 19 in Doom: The Roguelike.
Ran out of energy cells for my plasma rifle and had to face a Baron of Hell and that "A" creature. It ended in me dying a horrible death while taking the A down with me.
And for the record, I ran out of rockets as well.

I got the "Is That Even Legal?" achievement in NCAA Football 09, which is to return a missed field goal attempt for a touchdown. If you know anything about American football, you'll know that that is a very rare situation (a kicker missing a deep fieldgoal with enough room for a returner to catch it) and an even rarer feat. it was pretty awesome and randomly exciting.

It's cool that EA put such a difficult achievement in their game. I believe the same achievement is in Madden 09, but who knows when the opportunity will even arise for me.

I'm obsessed with completely completing games, but my favorite out of all would probably be Crash Team Racing when I was like, 10.

used44 said:
I got the "Is That Even Legal?" achievement in NCAA Football 09, which is to return a missed field goal attempt for a touchdown. If you know anything about American football, you'll know that that is a very rare situation (a kicker missing a deep fieldgoal with enough room for a returner to catch it) and an even rarer feat. it was pretty awesome and randomly exciting.

It's cool that EA put such a difficult achievement in their game. I believe the same achievement is in Madden 09, but who knows when the opportunity will even arise for me.
I did that In ESPN NFL 2K5 and it was absolutely wicked.

Would a perfect game be like...Not a single hit or would it be not a single home run? I fail at baseball.

Lethean said:
Would a perfect game be like...Not a single hit or would it be not a single home run? I fail at baseball.
Not a single hit. I've had a perfect game on Backyard Baseball 2001. :D

Lethean said:
It's not just a single hit, but no one can get on base. That means you can't walk any batter. A no hitter is where the opposing team doesn't get a single hit but they get on base from a walk.

TheNesMan said:
It's not just a single hit, but no one can get on base. That means you can't walk any batter. A no hitter is where the opposing team doesn't get a single hit but they get on base from a walk.
Oh yeah, that too.

Sorry, I don't throw balls.

Errors can also result in no-hitters, but not perfect games. Basicallly, the easiest definition of a perfect game is a pitcher sitting down 27 consecutive batters (3 outs per nine innings).

Obviously, you two know this - but I'm just clearing it up for Lethean.

27 up, 27 down. What is truly amazing is how many pitchers have had a perfect game until the final batter.

Here's another gaming feat of mine - I was having trouble scoring on high difficulties in NHL 08 and I fell down 5-0 to the leafs (I was the Capitals) with 5 minute periods.. I came back to win the game 7-6 in OT. It was just unreal.

So, this isn't really on topic, but this has kind of became our "Sports Game Topic," so I'm gonna post it solely for mine and NesMan's amusement:

I was just playing Madden 09, up by 3 points with like 45 seconds remaining. All I had to do was keep the offense out of field goal position, or at least force them to kick a 3-pointer and send it to overtime rather than scoring a TD.

Anyway, they (The Colts) were running a hurry-up offense because they were out of timeouts. I play defense as a linebacker(in this case, I was playing as Scott Fujita of the Saints). Anyway, in my rushed pre-snap button pressing, I somehow hit the change player button, switching me off of Fujita. So, hurriedly I start hitting the B button, trying to get back to playing a position that I'm familiar with and Peyton snaps the ball.

I was like... wait.

The play is happening and I have no idea which player I'm controlling. It turns out, i was controlling the rightside cornerback. So, there I am, basically standing still at the line of scrimmage, while Peyton throws a 65 yard touchdown to a wide-open receiver to win the game.

Totally heart-breaking.

Thanks for clearing the perfect game up for me :).

As for my greatest achievement? I don't know...I don't play sports games to have them there...I mostly play single player titles that you beat and there's really no great obstacle to it.

I suppose unlocking all the codes in Goldeneye? I tell you, those speed runs were a pain in the ass! Actually, that one is kind of lame because who honestly remembers if that was easy or hard to do...

Oh. I got banned from the WoW forums. Permanently. Oh yeah! (Hey, it's game related!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle