Games you wish they would successfully remake

It's funny because the remakes sucked!

Except Silent Hill. That was pretty good. And REmake was good too...

Anyway, GOOD remakes of the early C&C games, as stated I think.

Plus remakes of SMT 1 & 2. Both would be day one buys for me.

I haven't played the SH remake. I really enjoyed the RE one though however. Goldeneye I have here but have yet to get very far in. Actually, I'm like ten minutes into it. Does it feel ANYTHING like the classic? I mean, do you still get all the cool unlockables if you beat a level in 2:31 seconds or anything like that?

Oh and you know what they need to remake? In all seriousness...

...Parasite Eve!

Secret of Mana.

Because it was originally being developed for the "never saw the light of day" SNES Disc Drive, they apparently cut like 60% of the total content just to get it to fit on an SNES cartridge. That's not even considering the fact that they had to cut even MORE of the text after that, because it wouldn't all fit in the same way Japanese Kanji would have. I'm not sure if it's a remake that I want... what I really want is to see the game they were TRYING to develop at that time.

That, or FF7. If there is 1 FF game that needs an airbrush, it's that one.

I'd be very happy if they'd remake Grandia II or Brave Fencer Musashi. I found them very enjoyable games.

Especially Musashi. Quirky humor, lovely characters and a nice, easy story. :)

I'd love if no game was ever remade ever because it's pointless unless you only play games for graphics and sound in which case you should be posting on the gamespot or ign forums because they are less for people who like games and more for people who have at some point played a game and so I think you are all being silly to want a game to be remade because why would you do that just play the original game and it will be the same thing so why?

De-Ting said:
OR you could remake it with new features like Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Exactly.

Imagine a game like Resident Evil not being remade. Sure you can question what purpose it served but didn't it also add new tension and thrills by the better lighting and atmospheric effects? Better voice acting? So yes, visuals do play a part in some games such as the survival horror genre. As does audio. Imagine taking a game with old school red/white stereo audio and remaking it with lossless audio? Imagine how badass Starfox would sound in Dolby 5.1? (Yes, 5.1 itself is dated but I don't know if games have DTS HD audio yet :p) Games are entertainment and as such, while visuals and audio aren't the be all end all, they can also enhance the experience. It's foolish and elitist to think otherwise, whether you think it's all about the visuals or it's all about gameplay and visuals suck. If that were the case, hardcore gamers would be playing Zork.

See, it's not just the graphics and the sound and features. A lot of the times gameplay has improved since the original was released. For example, look at the original Hitman. Game sucked pretty hard. You couldn't even run or you'd get shot! Now imagine it with the gameplay from Blood Money. Creaming your pants? I know I am.

Good point Longo! I didn't even think about that.

Imagine the original Thief game with the stealth options in a Splinter Cell title?

Perfectly fine with all those points until this:
Lethean said:
Imagine the original Thief game with the stealth options in a Splinter Cell title?

I can, it would be horrible. While I'll concede that it is quite easy to imagine how certain older games could be remade, there are some that should never even be considered for such treatment, the first two Thief games being amongst them. They are perfect, fully featured, beautifully polished games that require no tinkering, plain and simple.

Basically, remake anything you want BUT LEAVE MY THIEF ALONE YOU BASTARDS.

And by the way Lethean, I bet you have nice hair. Don't know why, but I know you do. Lucky bastard.

Well, in my defense, I haven't played a Thief game in years so I probably forgot a lot about it :(.

Uhh....Thanks! Haha. That is a random thought of the day and may replace my current sig - What do you think? Better than Piracer's quote I currently have in there?

Never played thief, I always wanted to play stealth games but I wasn't ever patience or sneaky enough to be good at most. That's Chaos Theory was my favorite (and Metal Gear Solid) cause you weren't truly punished for making a mistake. Speaking of which Hitman pissed me off with that, if you didn't do things the game's way then you might as well turn off your system "Oops you walked 2 MPH you're supposed to walk 0.0001 MPH to be considered causal". But obviously we could play the original but it is easy to dream what they would be like with modern technology and game traits. I love the thought of Starfox will modern tech and gameplay aspect, maybe more sim style or still that arcade feel with much more epic intensity. Or a personal request, not necessarily a remake, but a Gundam that isn't tough to play through, though there are some that I highly enjoyed. Mobile Ops looked promising but never released in US and I played a demo but I felt that if a company who had a lot of potential and experience can turn the concept of BF+Gundam will equal awesomeness. But JCD I understand your point, like with the new starcraft I heard that it is very much like the original so I guess that points out to what you're saying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod