game series that i wish they would bring back

How about a shadowrun RPG game that is not a complete diservice to the source material (meaning not a fps)

And i'm with link for Ogre Battle. Something grand and epic on a console, I'm tired of hand held tiny screen strategy RPGS! Give me some production value damit

Zork. They originally promised us a trilogy of Zork games, called the Magic Trilogy. The most recent game, Zork: Grand Inquisitor, released over ten years ago, was supposed to be the first in the series.

I'm not asking to cpmplete the Magic Trilogy, since the differences between the over-ten-year-old Grand Inquisitor game and the possible two new games would just not feel right, would probably go a way different path from what GI established for story, and also probably suck. I just want a new Zork game. But nope, Activision has completely and entirely abandoned the series. Zork sadly died with the rest of point-and-click adventure gaming.

Though with the recent revival of the genre thanks to Telltale (despite admittedly a very different section of the genre in terms of gameplay), who knows?

Lethean said:
Sword of the Berserk.

i believe there was a sequel but we here in the us werent treated to it, i loved this games story amazing game play and the first use of cutscene quick time events that altered your path through the game

I think Earthbound has a prequel and a sequel, because that is the name for the American release of a Japanese game called mother 2, which is the second of the series.

On a different note, I'm a PC guy, so I would LOVE to see a revival of the Quest For Glory series. At least, something better than Dragon Fire.

The Mark of Kri was a pretty sweet PS2 series. I only played the original, but I'd like to see another one of those

Come on guys I can't be the only person here who likes the Zork games.

I want to be the Dungeon Master again. I want to stand in a clearing west of a white house again, and a mailbox is there.

I don't care if its a point-and-click remake of the original text adventure Zork, I just want a new game!

jivesc00ter said:
Lethean said:
Sword of the Berserk.

i believe there was a sequel but we here in the us werent treated to it, i loved this games story amazing game play and the first use of cutscene quick time events that altered your path through the game

Yeah it was a Japanese only release. /cry

schimmel said:
The Mark of Kri was a pretty sweet PS2 series. I only played the original, but I'd like to see another one of those

there was a sequel called rise of kasi, but it wasnt half as good. it took out the stealth elements and the hole game played just like mark of kri's last level where you had the ax, you just ran around killing hole armies worth of people, it was a let down.

and lethean yes the japs win again...

well im not very "hip" to these handheld consoles and they seem to be a making more and more castlevania games for it....which i mean in a way makes sense...the average gamer is more likely to buy a beautiful 3-d game on his 360/ps3 than a beautiful 2-d game on his 360/ps3....there was just too many good 2-d games that i haven't seen on consoles in a long time...and i hate to say it but im not going to buckle down and buy a handheld just cause it's got a good game on it....it give me a head ache concentrating on a screen that small and the nickel-sized speakers piss me off!!!

Breath of Fire comes to mind right away. Breath of Fire 2 was one of the best games on SNES, 14 years later and we only have 2 real follow ups? The last one was back in 2000 for the psx! Revive this series!

Squiggy, I've only played Zork Nemesis, but enjoyed that immensely. Favourite quote from that game:

"I think I love you. Here's a secret: 36-27-36."

This coming from a disembodied head in a frozen asylum.

Maybe I should look for the other Zork games.

The other games don't have as much of a dark/gothic feel to it, and are generally more lighthearted, but still totally enjoyable. I've played Nemesis and Grand Inquisitor, as well as the original Zork, which is a text-based adventure. Only a few of the games (Nemesis and Grand Inquisitor among them) are point-and-clicks, if I remember correctly.

There's a game on Newgrounds that has the original Zork 1, 2, and 3 completely and faithfully ported to Flash, but be prepared to do a lot of reading with no visual aids save for descriptions.

There are other Zork games out there, but I haven't played them yet, and you'll be hard pressed to find them anywhere but ebay or yard sales. I just know the games that I have played are classic and great, and its a true shame that Activision abandoned the series with the death of Adventure gaming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle