Game Revolutions Top 100 games of all time

I'm a die hard MGS fan, but even i know that MGS4 was ranked waaay to high. Top 100 maybe, but top 10? Come on people Deus-Ex deserves to be in the Top 10 - its one of the greatest games ever. Company of Heroes was a disappointment for not even making the Top 100 - the game was revolutionary in the way RTS games are played, yet not even a mention?

Wow @ rockband and dead rising on top 100. Hang on a sec while i vomit. That said, I think this list shows everyone's FAVOURITE game rather than top 100 ever.

Thank you to everyone for all the positive feedback. I tried to make this feel like it was put together by us as a community, because it was you guys who voted. I'm glad it worked and I'm glad you all had as much fun reading and writing the reviews as I did.

I've decided during the Christmas holidays to ask for nominations for the top 100 heroes and 100 villains in video games. And then start the list some time after New Years.

Keep a look out for the nomination topic in a month's time!

Ghost you did a great job. While I don't agree with OoT being the number one game...Yet again...You ran a good top 100 and I applaud you.

Thanks for using all three of my reviews by the way!

Wtf. My cat just deleted the top part of my post. Time to type it out again.

^haha my cat is always jumpin on my keyboard too

good work ghost, also i lol'ed at used's review of brawl, that was good.

only complaint is that call of duty 1 was not in here

awesome list. also i'm stoked you put up both mah reviews! (ahem, mario 64 and halo 1, cough cough). i tip my hat to you sir ghost.

Wow! What a great list! I wish Final Fantasy 10 and 8 were switched but that was still a cool countdown!

I'm looking forward to the heroes and villians countdown Ghost!

FFVIII was so much better than X...Although I will admit I enjoyed them both immensely. And I tried out MSG4 the other day and couldnt get into it for some reason, not really sure why since everyone says it's so great.

But I've already stated how great this list is...Just some more of my opinion on a few of them :)

^You probably have to play the whole MGS series to understand the awesomeness. I didn't really got into the game before I played the older ones. And I would rank Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty higher than 4. But yeah the right game won............I guess.

Very good list right there overall.

I would have liked to see Deus Ex up a lot higher. UT classic replaced with 2k4 and Halo dropped down a bit. :p And I guess I'm just not getting it but I don't find SSBB fun. It's too chaotic and missing a lot of the elements that made melee and 64 great. And I'm a bit confused as to why Dead Rising was even considered for the list, I guess people like their zombies.

But I'm quite glad to see Goldeneye, Max Payne, Banjo Kazooie and Shenmue!!

my 2 cents

ZankerH said:
Assuming Eve Online doesn't show up on the rest of the list (in front of wow, that is), I'd just like to say this regarding your scoring system -

Quantity above quality.

There are tons of great games out there that don't get the attention they deserve, for whatever reasons, usually due to the publisher. You can't expect them to be played or known by the majority of gamers and therefore they won't make the cut for a list like this. Red Orchestra and Day of Defeat were two very great ww2 tactical FPSs but alas, had small fanbases. I'm not surprised or disappointed about not seeing them on this list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod