Nominations for best films of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedLiquid

Regular
You may have forgotten but last year I made GR's top 10 movies of 2011 based on your nominations. Now let's take a look back at all the great films in this past year and list your top 5 movies of 2012.

Films will receive a certain number of points depending on how you rank them.
1) 10 points
2) 8 points
3) 6 points
4) 4 points
5) 2 points

The noms are open until the 29th so there's lots of time. Afterwards I'll reveal the top 10 movies as voted by you!

I'll post my 5 later incase this needs a bump.

Yeah I know people want to catch up on movies this year. Plus The Hobbit JUST came out while there are still more films being released. But I wanted to put the thread up now since we're already 2 weeks into December.

I loved this last year, but it's gonna be so hard to narrow it down to 5 picks. Like Jeff Who Lives At Home. Really liked that movie. In my top 5? No way. Samsara is in the same boat. The Raid: Redemption might claw it's way into the top 5 for me though.

Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Project X
Perks of being a wallflower
Safety not guaranteed

My list if very telling for who I am.

Still haven't watched dredd, cloud atlus,Robot & Frank, or the hobbit.

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Ted
Wreck-It Ralph
Men in Black Three.

^Only saw two of the five, may guess what I saw?

The Dark Knight Rises
Avengers
The Hobbit
Raid: Redemption
Moonrise Kingdom

Honorable Mentions:
Les Mis
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

I was wondering if this was going to make an appearance this year :)

Thanks for giving us until the 29th. There are at least two movies I am going to see between now and then that will probably influence my top 5. I will post mine as we near the deadline.

spartan317 said:
Also if anyone chooses Django I will beat you with the bag of dicks Tarantino uses to fuck the world of cinema

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/django_unchained_2012/

100% fresh with 24 reviews so far.

zmbrt.gif

Why in the hell would you have that picture?
If it wasn't on your computer already what exactly did you search for?

If Django ends up watchable it is due to the performance of the actors and very little to due with the detestable rat that is "Q"

spartan317 said:
If Django ends up watchable it is due to the performance of the actors and very little to due with the detestable rat that is "Q"
I had no attention of watching django before. But Spartan's comment has convinced me i should watch it before the end of the world.

spartan317 said:
Also if anyone chooses Django I will beat you with the bag of dicks Tarantino uses to fuck the world of cinema

Im not a Tarntino fanboy either, I think he's as overrated as they come.

But Django Unchained looks very good. And despite not being a fan, I'm still gonna remain open minded :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle