Nominations for best films of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know the hobbit won't be on my list, as i can't stomach the LOTR movies, as much as i really, really want to.

but movies like Les Miserables, and Django Unchained make me not able to participate until the end of the year.

Les Miserables looks incredible.

Yeah there are a decent amount of movies coming up...

The history buff in me is hoping for more love for Lincoln though, thats a powerful movie if you ask me.

Green_Lantern said:
zmbrt.gif

This is probably the greatest .gif in existence.

Cabin in the Woods
Para-Norman
DKR
Avengers
Ted

Hon. Mentions:
Looper
Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

Ok, here's my toip 5. I'll bump this up on Boxing Day to remind everyone to get their rear in gear.

While I loved all the epics that were named, I also loved alot of other films and I'll nominate those since we all know films like TDKR and Avengers will make it regardless.

#1 Looper
#2 Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
#3 Ted
#4 Moonrise Kingdom
#5 The Raid Redemption

If this was a top ten, I'd also have thrown in the popcorn flicks everyone else is nominating like Avengers, TDKR, Hobbit, Skyfall, and Prometheus.

From what I've seen this year

1. Prometheus
2. 007 Skyfall
3. Expendables 2

Hoping to see Lincoln soon.

Here is my Best of 2012 list, with special features, including deleted and extended scenes, director & cast commentary, trailers, and more, available December 28th, on DVD+Blu-Ray+Digital Download Combo Pack:

GiftedMonkey's Top 5 of 2012
1. The Cabin In The Woods
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Lincoln
4. Prometheus
5. Django Unchained

Runners Up and Honorable Mentions
1. Argo
2. The Avengers
3. Bernie
4. Safety Not Guaranteed
5. Haywire

Might Have Been On My Top 5 If I Actually Saw It
1. The Hobbit
2. Looper
3. Cloud Atlas
4. The Master
5. Silver Linings Playbook

The "Close But No Cigar" Award
The Dark Knight Rises

The "Time Will Tell" Award (for the movie most likely to be looked at in the coming years and decades as the "Real" Best Of 2012)*
Prometheus
*Spoiler Tagged in case you want to take bets and check back in 2022. Hey, anybody want to do a tontine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle