Funniest game?

Hmm... I'm sort of getting a blank... I know there's been moments that made me laugh hard, but I can't really remember exactly when...

The time paradox in "Escape from Monkey Island" was easily the best sketch in the entire game.

I felt the subtle Michael Jordan reference in Ocarina of Time was quite funny. As was the haggling of Kotsuma and Kotsuke (the two witches) after beating them.

If you didn't read the setlist for Guitar Hero 2, and you had played the first one to death (which of course you had), when the last encore shows up, you can't help but at least giggle a bit, remembering one of the loading screen messages from the first game.

Also, both their endings of the credit runs are pretty cool. Especially GH2. But since it'll take forever to get to that part, I'll do you a favour and tell it here:

"No drummers were harmed during the making of this game.

Except that one.

He had it coming."

Honestly its very rare a game has me luaghing, I think the only time I ever made have a luagh was Postal 2 when you are going around telling people to sing your petition.

Oh and in RE4 for whenever you tell Ashley to go into a garbage bin and then when you whistle for her, it makes it seem like she is some sort of dog, that had me laughing once or twice.

Final Fantasy 9. As far as I can tell, the only game in the series that actually had a funny, unserious storyline. Lots of funny moments there. One of the good ones:

Eiko eavesdrops on a conversation between Zidane and Vivi to learn how Zidane feels, and think she's getting something deep when he and Vivi have a really "manly" talk about life, and then they...er..."take a leak" together.

The humor doesn't come across very well when it's written down, because it depends a lot on the timing and on how the scene is set up. But I was giggling for a long time when I saw that.

Zolleks said:
Honestly its very rare a game has me luaghing, I think the only time I ever made have a luagh was Postal 2 when you are going around telling people to sing your petition.

Oh and in RE4 for whenever you tell Ashley to go into a garbage bin and then when you whistle for her, it makes it seem like she is some sort of dog, that had me laughing once or twice.

dude that was so funny!

"hi, would you like to sign my petition?"
"get out of my face you fucking tool!"
"SIGN IT OR ILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!"
"okay, sounds good"

ShadeTail said:
Final Fantasy 9. As far as I can tell, the only game in the series that actually had a funny, unserious storyline. Lots of funny moments there. One of the good ones:

Eiko eavesdrops on a conversation between Zidane and Vivi to learn how Zidane feels, and think she's getting something deep when he and Vivi have a really "manly" talk about life, and then they...er..."take a leak" together.

The humor doesn't come across very well when it's written down, because it depends a lot on the timing and on how the scene is set up. But I was giggling for a long time when I saw that.

I interpreted that scene as them simply looking at stars, and that the "tinkle, tinkle" was sort of trying to act like a sound effect for a tinkling star.

Of course, in that case, the humour is in that this is apparently something manly to do (almost as good as when that bully in Zelda: OOT says "Without a fairy, you're not even a real man!"). So it works out either way. :D

The Curse of Monkey Island, has some of the greatest dialogue ever and what happened to that kid, priceless.

xenothaulus said:
Now that Portal is around I believe threads like this are over.
Funny games will still be released, sooner or later. so there might still be a thread like this later on.

I think TF2 is funnier than portal. If you know how to use GCFScape open up the TF2 directory and listen to some of the never played taunts... they're so damn funny.

HK-47 said:
xenothaulus said:
Funny games will still be released, sooner or later. so there might still be a thread like this later on.
Bah, I was drunk when I wrote that. TF2 is hilarious quite often, and HK-47 is one of the best NPCs ever, even funnier than Morte I believe.

the simpsons game ( they parody alot of other games and movie like zelda , grand theft auto and nintendoggs ( only on ds version) ,the 2 conkers game and

xenothaulus said:
HK-47 said:
xenothaulus said:
Bah, I was drunk when I wrote that. TF2 is hilarious quite often, and HK-47 is one of the best NPCs ever, even funnier than Morte I believe.
Fair enough.
So true, never has there been a more funny character in an RPG.

I've got to go with The Plumber from Ratchet and Clank. Someone even made a Ratchet reference talking about GH2 before. No sheep were harmed in the making of this game. Except that one, but he had it coming. THIEF!

A close second, the most demoralising moment in gaming I've ever seen - After a marathon session of FF7, played through to the final save in 16 hours 50 minutes, as Safer Sephiroth was at half health... He cast his ultimate attack, and just as the party was about to be the recipient of a Megalixir, the stick slipped, and the target changed, and with almost no party health, the final boss was fully recovered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle