The Ballad of Gay Tony game freeze

subcalvin

Rookie
I have a slight problem with the game and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar problems. I downloaded the DLC and updated GTA 4 (like I have a choice) and I started playing. When I had finished the second mission and was driving back with Tony to complete I,t the game froze. I had no choice but to turn the console of and try again, and to my dismay the game froze again at what appeared to be the same spot. So I again turned the console of and attempted yet again. This time I let the conversation between Tony and Louis finish before driving to the finish line, and it all went fine.
After playing a few missions the game froze yet again. So I decided to play another game (Brutal Legend) and experienced no problems. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I cleaned the disc and checked it, it is free of scratches. So what the hell is the problem?

Same thing is happening to me but for a different game, DJ Hero. At random times during the song selection screen, the game will just freeze for no particular reason, all other games work just fine. Do you think it may be the 360 or the disc?

This happened a huge load of times when I was playing Fallout 3, not with any other game's though.

I had RRoD once and i doubt that it is the cause of the problem since no other games seem to freeze.
As mentioned the disc has no scratches, so i doubt that is the problem. I even deleted the DLC and downloaded it again. Did not seem ti fix annything. Has annyone else experienced this?

my 360 froze a few times back when i was playing oblivion. then again when i was playing gta. i'm always paranoid it'll crash and then never work again but so far so good. don't know what it means when it freezes. i play all my games from the harddrive so it couldn't be a scratch. i was under the impression that newer versions of 360s didn't break down as often. i wish microsoft hadn't made a system that breaks on people though. they aren't cheap for the consumer and my warranty has long since passed.

miak757 said:
This happened a huge load of times when I was playing Fallout 3, not with any other game's though.
Same.
The freezing happens to me when I hit the guide button, I'm thinking maybe it's the content of the game that's being loaded. It usually takes a few minutes to recover and I'm back in action.

As far as I can tell it only happens during dialogue. Usually the dialogue taking place in the car on the way to a mission or after (the pre/post fight trash talk) and on the phone. So far I have no problems with cut-scenes. And I can spend a lot of time on side quests (like base jumping or just blowing stuff up) without the game freezing. It’s starting to piss me off.

I'm getting tired of this shit. I instaled the game on the hard drive and it still freezes. What the hell? And no, it is not RRoD. If anny one else has this problem i would feel better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle