I've lost interest (or on the verge of losing total interest

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Robmiester, May 7, 2007.

1. Robmiester

Robmiester Rookie

I have come to the point where I really have little desire to play video games. Before, about 5 or 6 years ago I couldn't wait to come home and play video games or I couldn't wait for a new game to come out or something. Now I just really do not care at all about video games. All the video games I play are at other peoples' houses, and it's all these new games that just don't click for me. I like to play the soccer games still, that's basicially about it. Every once in a while maybe I'll play a fighting game or super smash with a buddy. But I'm not finding myself zoning into the world of gaming. Have I moved on? I guess so. Am I going to get back into games? Who knows.

Has anyone else experienced this or is experiencing this. Please tell.

2. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

I have experienced it a few times but it's generally been because all the games I had were completed and the games out were crap or just not of interest to me. I'm back into gaming now though, I ought to be considering I've got a 360 and am waiting for the PS3 to reach a decent price.

Sam

3. Haydi

Haydi Rookie

I haven't played much for... year or more. Can't explain why, don't feel like starting any new games.

I guess I'll start playing MGS3 soon since I have already borrowed it from a friend. I also consider playing through some old classics to freshen up memories or something...

...still keeping pretty on-date about gaming news and obviously this forum.

4. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I have a few times too...usually it means nothing interests you out there, or your jjust to busy to play games right now. It happens, you know?

5. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

i was experiencing the same thing a few days ago but finally play MGS PO and now im doing ok,.

6. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

never happened to me. ive been stuck on games for 22 years now. theres always something i want to play that i havent got to yet. i just started god of war for the first time last night. my wife didnt know there was nudity in the game. i got to the part with the women in kratos' bed and shes like, "hey! floobies!"

7. grandmagoodtimes

I think you'll be back. Games don't let you get away that easy.

8. MrHimashi

MrHimashi Rookie

Re: I've lost interest (or on the verge of losing total inte

I hope your lost interest in video games also makes you lose your desire to post on this GAMING FORUM.

9. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

I've had it for short periods of time, but that's mainly when I get obsessed with doing something on the internet that provides a sort of alternative to video games that's somewhat similar. That said, I've never totally lost interest in games, and never actually considered that it'd be permanent when it did. I'm obsessed with gaming, and if I ever begin to lose interest, I just find myself a good RPG and I'm hooked right back in.

10. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

I've been feeling that way for the past 2 years. I still play games but I am hardly excited about them.
    Only game that I am looking forward to is Spore. If it wasn't for software piracy I probably wouldn't even play games at all. I get GFW (I sign up for free subscriptions whenever I can get them) and I only use for toilet reading material. Even then, I always head for tom vs bruce and the MMORPG articles in the back of the mag and rarely read anything else.

11. Kool_Aide_Man

Kool_Aide_Man Rookie

For the last couple of years I've been completely out of gaming, (I think it's because I owned an Xbox) but then I bought the 360 and it brought me right back in.

12. JCD

JCD Rookie

Whenever I waver from the path of gaming, my snes comes out and soothes my pain. Kick it old skool and you shall regain your love of the game.

13. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

lol JCD always has the answer.

Not once have games gone sour for me...but everyone seems to have experienced it.

Maybe my time still yet to come :(