FPS health system

pres50

Rookie
FPS's are in dire need of a new health system im tired of this get shot almost dead hide and you are ok now crap. you should have a map of your body in the lower screen hud and where you are injured it will show the severity of your wounds and you will physically be disaled in that area (example shot in the hand holding gun, hand disabled switch to other hand maybe aim won't be as good). You get the point it would make the games a lot more interesting and your opponents would have the same system as you.

pres50 said:
FPS's are in dire need of a new health system im tired of this get shot almost dead hide and you are ok now crap. you should have a map of your body in the lower screen hud and where you are injured it will show the severity of your wounds and you will physically be disaled in that area (example shot in the hand holding gun, hand disabled switch to other hand maybe aim won't be as good). You get the point it would make the games a lot more interesting and your opponents would have the same system as you.

So basically Mechwarrior without the mechs?

Deus Ex has a similar system, though you're never fully disabled in any way, only severely damaged.

obviously the formula would have to be a bit balanced for funs sake but it would definatley be a tactical game and you could be wearing armor so you might be able to take a few hits until your limb or etc. is disabled. It can be done someone should at least try it out and see how it goes, i would love a truly realistic experience and whats the deal with games now that when you shoot someone they dont react whatsoever or very little. Remember GoldenEye and PD how when you shot someone they would actually react fairly realistically? Not this bioShock bullshit of unloading 3 rounds of shotguns blasts into an enemy and them still soming at you full force not even flinching, i dont care if they are spliced up thats just stupid.

Amen, get yer arm blown off by a .50cal sniper like in COD4.....yeah in like one level thats it.

pres50 said:
obviously the formula would have to be a bit balanced for funs sake but it would definatley be a tactical game and you could be wearing armor so you might be able to take a few hits until your limb or etc. is disabled. It can be done someone should at least try it out and see how it goes, i would love a truly realistic experience and whats the deal with games now that when you shoot someone they dont react whatsoever or very little. Remember GoldenEye and PD how when you shot someone they would actually react fairly realistically? Not this bioShock bullshit of unloading 3 rounds of shotguns blasts into an enemy and them still soming at you full force not even flinching, i dont care if they are spliced up thats just stupid.

A truly realistic experience would involve getting shot and not being able to heal until you get to a medic, get your injured appendage strapped up and wait it out for a few weeks until it heals, sound like fun?

As for BioShock, unless you're on a harder difficulty you can't be a very good shot and even then it shouldn't take three shots to the head to put them down.

Sam

a realistic but fun system could work i know it could, maybe not being disabled but taking noticable physical damage kinda like in twisted metal when ur car would turn to shit, it would be cool to limping and using your other hand to shoot and dripping blood everywhere in a multiplayer match and stil taking everyone out.

Would Sniper Elite count, being realistic in the terms of either being stealthy or being dead?
And I have to agree with maca2kx, taking that high of a degree in realism can't be that much fun.

Isn't this how Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 work?

Though I see what you're getting at, pres50, doesn't it depend on the type of shooter we're talking about? You'd expect a system like you mentioned in a WWII-type game, but not in something like Halo or the Unreal games.

It depends on the goal of the game itself. Unreal is fast-paced chaos. Games like Medal of Honor and Rainbow Six are far more tactical. I think the hit system you mention would detract from the game experience more than it would add to it.

Perhaps an intergrated health bar and player healing packs for a game like rainbow six would work. The lower the health gague the less accurate and less you see, while maintaining one shot kills with powerful weapons and head shots, along with bonuses from body armor. But the problem with that is it does detract from gameplay, it slows a tactical game like RB6 to a crawl and takes Halo into a no shield head shot anywhere mode.

I think its an interesting idea, but there is no way to currently implement it, or create a game that wouldn't feel like a snails pace or a game designed for a super computer on speed.

well lets say the game played like any other FPS where you get shot lose health and get health packs to get ur life back or whatever, but when you take damage or get really low on health it should show your injuries even if they don't directly affect the gameplay it'd be nice to see some physical damage to you and your opponents. I find it so stupid that when you shoot a bad guy nothing happens except for a bit of blood or not even that. I wanna see some realistic hit points kind of like Goldeneye meets Soldier of Fortune. When you shoot someone in the foot I want so see that person react to it, not just stand there and keep shooting at you until you load of lead into him to go down. Half-Life is notorious for that crap and I think most FPS stick to that formula because they are too afraid to try something new and innovative, lets face it FPS nowadays are a dime a dozen and all the same we need some truly new gameplay elements and design. In my opinion Goldeneye really should be an example of this, take what made that game fun and add todays technology to it and the possibilities are endless. FPS need hit points, reactions, realism like c'mon lets see something new and fresh and new not COD 5, Rainbow 6: Vegas2: Los Angeles 3:episode:1, Halo 4, Battlefield 3: 2056, Unreal 6, Gears of War 4. Seriously game industry wake up and make something fun and creative not the same crap year after. FPS games are starting to feel like the Tony Hawk franchise; no innovation just tacked on crap like SLOW MO, wow havent seen that one before, vehicles woopdeedoo that just doesnt cut it anymore, not for me anyways. I dont't feel like playing the same game year after year after year...and i think the same can be said about all games and the industry at large, it's all about the money and big companies, im just getting sick of this mainstream force fed MTV like BS videogames that come out nowadays. Hardly any originality, hopefully XBLA or some sort of mod community, kids in a basement etc. can come up with a fun and exciting game because I really don't see any big name game company releasing anything new or exciting just a rehash of something we have already played so they can get your cash and make it again and again and again until enough people complain or the sales go down and only then will they maybe try something different.

paragraphs too please.

Deus Ex's system was like that, if your head or body got damaged enough you we're dead but getting shot in the legs too much you'd have to limp/crawl and without your arms your accuracy went down.

But that was more of an RPG FPS...similar to System Shock 2 or Bioshock.

after all that writing and all i get is a lousy please use paragraphs grammar crap, i give up im done.

yes, that's the lesson. You can write all you want but no one will read it if you don't use grammar. It doesn't have to be great grammar, but break it up a little please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod