Prototype

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by schimmel, Jun 10, 2009.

1. EliaSoZ

EliaSoZ Rookie

I smell a big Spiderman fanboy. Har har. On a serious note, IGN has given many blockbusters high scores, I don't see why they'd give it a bad score just because it's a blockbuster. The reviewer probably simply didn't enjoy it that much. I often agree with their scores. Also, I'd say GR's review of a C+ is pretty spot on with a 7.5, but I don't see you guys bashing GR's score.

2. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I do however disagree with GR's review about Prototype, it should be at least a B according to their grading system

3. Tykk

Tykk Rookie

The feeling of it being generic is not so much about the buildings as it is about the crowd, both the people and the cars just move around aimlessly like mindless husks. The city just doesn't feel alive.

But as long as i can throw the mindless husks around like ragdolls i don't really care :twisted:

4. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Yeah Tykk's post pretty much gets it right, but I really have been to NYC and I have to say just certain things about mist digital renderings of the city just don't feel right to me. Something else other than the crowds and the cars feels missing, and sure it was alright for Spider-Man 2 the game to have the odd feel because it was last generation, but this time I want that something missing to be there. I know they can do it since the systems have the hardware.

5. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

^Yeah that too, the only free roaming game that i feel has the best NYC layout is GTA IV. I greatly appretiated how well the area looked

6. Tykk

Tykk Rookie

One thing that i have yet to see done right and is essential for immersion is the sound. Devs never seen to get the sounds of the city right.