Fox news made me slam my head on my desk again...

Lien

Rookie
The most hilarious thing too, it's about that game fate of the world and simcity societies. You know that 5 years old game where you can be a dystopian dictator in a cyber punk world? Well apparently it got a liberal agenda in it and it's targeted for kids!
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1141465232001/video-games-go-green/
Though this is all over the gaming websites, I think gaygamer listed the wrongs better then anyone else:
Digital Lit said:
There's not much for me to write about this as it'd be equal parts preaching to the choir and howling at the moon, but a few points to make:

Issuing the player a fine (in-game) for polluting is not using "fear", "scare tactics" or "guilt"

Fate of the World is not aimed at 5-year-olds

Video games appeal to adults as well, so Fate of the World and Sim City Societies have a place for adults even if they're not a fit for your child

If you as a parent don't know what's in a game your child is playing, and you can't be bothered to find out, then you lose the right to complain about what your child plays

Livestock are slaughtered to make a hamburger; that's why they're called "slaughterhouses". Deal with it

Bonus irony points for talking about games freaking kids out using footage of Flower

Boredom is subjective; the Sims franchise is pretty frickin' successful for being a "boring" game

How is that even news? I guess you have to manufacture news if you have 24 hours of “broadcast newsâ€

I'm honestly surprised the SMT games haven't been under flak by Fox News.

"IN THESE GAMES, YOU'RE FORCED TO JOIN UP WITH DEMONS AND OTHER SATANIC CREATURES!"

"YOU START THE GAME AS A DEMON YOURSELF OR USE DEMON-NAMED DEVICES"

"IT MAKES LIGHT AT THINGS SUCH AS TEEN SUICIDE AND ADOLF HITLER HIMSELF!"

"A GIANT PENIS RIDING A CHARIOT!"

"PORTRAYS A CHRISTIAN UNITED STATES AS A BAD GUY, PUSHING THE LIBERAL MUSLIM AGENDA"

"YOU ACTUALLY KILL GOD, ALSO PUSHING THE ATHEIST AGENDA"

"ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES IS A HOMOSEXUAL, PUSHING THE GAY AGENDA"

Etc.

Longo_2_guns said:
Well hopefully it'll distract them from belphegor...
827974-belphegor.jpg

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm honestly surprised the SMT games haven't been under flak by Fox News.

"IN THESE GAMES, YOU'RE FORCED TO JOIN UP WITH DEMONS AND OTHER SATANIC CREATURES!"

"YOU START THE GAME AS A DEMON YOURSELF OR USE DEMON-NAMED DEVICES"

"IT MAKES LIGHT AT THINGS SUCH AS TEEN SUICIDE AND ADOLF HITLER HIMSELF!"

"PORTRAYS A CHRISTIAN UNITED STATES AS A BAD GUY, PUSHING THE LIBERAL MUSLIM AGENDA"

"YOU ACTUALLY KILL GOD, ALSO PUSHING THE ATHEIST AGENDA"

"ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES IS A HOMOSEXUAL, PUSHING THE GAY AGENDA"

Etc.

Don't forget: Kids also summon demons by putting a gun to their heads and pulling the trigger.

persona3sjsbor.jpg

"Nuclear energy is arguably one of the safest forms of energy out there."

..I stopped listening at this point.

basically, parents - dont like the game, dont buy it for your kids.
If your kid is old enough to make a $50 purchase and spend it on a "green" agenda game versus a fps AGAINST your approval - your kid, at 14, is already smarter than you.

MW3, Gears of War, MAG - all good choices. SimSociety.. HELL NO!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod