Fishy

I really like sushi and eating fish in general but sometimes it can be really hard to prepare and cook. What kind of fish do you guys like?

Do you prefer catching your own fish and putting a stick through it so you can roast it over a fire? Do you bake or fry fish or do you just prefer it raw with white rice and some seaweed wrap?

Any and all ways. Seafood is by far my favorite food type.

Although catching and bringing fish home from Alaska is probably my favorite.

It's a lot healthier than beef and I think the flaky texture is a million times better than chewy chicken, but I do worry about the kinds of chemicals and such the fish are swimming in before I eat them.

Seems like it's easier to find "wild-caught" fish than "organically raised and slaughtered" meats.

I just dislike the flavor of any fish. I have to add a little bit of ketchup or tartar sauce with it. I'm actually cutting back on beef. I may eat a hamburger here and there, but I prefer substituting that with turkey. Also, not trying to eat healthier.

Salmon. Sliced smoked salmon.

In France, it's like our bacon. Picture two frat boys being bored out of their mind then a homie kicks the door in with two bags of fish goodness and bread under his shoulder as he yells out "I GOT SMOKED SALMON, BOOOOYYYEEEEZ!"
Then that night becomes history... Salmon history! Until the cops show up cause someone smelled hashish and snitched us.

It's a french thing...

Catfish. Fried Catfish. Can't wait for Christmas!!!

Other than that, shrimp is always a welcomed favorite.

When I was in 4th grade I caught a 100 lb halibut in AK. Damn thing was as tall as I was, but made of some great eating.

Green_Lantern said:
When I was in 4th grade I caught a 100 lb halibut in AK. Damn thing was as tall as I was, but made of some great eating.
What the fuck. Pics or it didn't happen.

While I've grown an appreciation for fishing, I hated it as a child. I had no patience. I wanted to dive in and grab the fish before sitting there any longer. The biggest fish I ever caught was during a houseboating trip and only because there were five lines trolling and I got to reel the next one in. No pics so yeah go fuck myself but I'd still like to see your 100 lb'er.

I live right next to 2 lakes, so I fish quite regularly. There's some common roaches and perch mostly with some norther pikes and zander if I get lucky. I usually just fry them on a pan with some salt and they're good to go. I don't do any lure fishing. I just put a bait in the hook and wait. I'm lazy like that.

Salmon in it's many forms must be my favorite fish dish. Smoked and blazed being the best types.

os9zir.jpg

The lakes around here have trout and pickerel n abundance, plenty of musky to but that's less enjoyable to eat

still, catch it, clean it, cook it over a camp fire = best dinner ever

Also, a couple years ago when I was in New Zealand, I was camping on the bay of islands with some native New Zealanders, when we would go out in the morning with their boat and catch our own mussels for lunch that day. Some more great eating.

So dumb that most of my knowledge of fish comes from Animal Crossing, but the real-world fishing I do is typically off the pier where I used to live. Basically the fish are always biting but there aren't many that are big enough to take home. I have seen some incredible catches like sharks off that pier though.

I would never expect Icepick to fish.

Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon, raw, smoked, whatever.
Other types of salmon, baked.
Albacore tuna, maguro, raw.
I guess sometimes seared tuna, but I don't really get it.
Mackerel! Raw, pan-fried.
Pickled herring.
Cod, deep-fried?

I'm a seafood fiend, and you're making me hungry. No, I haven't eaten dolphin or shark.

And stop implying that sushi is fish.

Green_Lantern said:
I surprisingly love eel. It's probably my favorite sushi protein.
Seconded. I typically get eel-covered California rolls whenever I go out to a cheap place, because they're only like 6 bucks. And also cooked, which helps.

But eel on rice is fucking delicious.

I have been going fishing my whole life. I suck at it hard. Cool thing I finally fully caught a fish on my own like two years ago. Before that someone had always down a portion of the full process. I gutted and ate him on the spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle