Dragon Age

malakian said:
Yeah I know...Still stick with what I said though. Could have been done much better.

A lot of things could have been done a lot better in DA:O but all in all I'd still say it's a good package. I also didn't like the sudden turn of events with Zevran but after giving him some gold and leather (S&M fetish?) he just stabbed the bandit with me. All was good.

What I didn't like about DA:O was Sten ... though he was meant to be some kind of Wrex in DA:O yet I found his character and voice very boring and monotone. Didn't even look foreign to me. Just a big hulk with darker skin.

Sten's the Proud Warrior Race guy that Bioware always has.

Overall, I liked him the most out of the whole team. Everyone else is just kinda... eh. Though it's still probably Bioware's best group in a long time.

Longo_2_guns said:
Sten's the Proud Warrior Race guy that Bioware always has.

Overall, I liked him the most out of the whole team. Everyone else is just kinda... eh. Though it's still probably Bioware's best group in a long time.

I know Longo ... I just wanted him to be a more than that. My favorite character from DA:O would be Shale.

DAMN YOU PIGEONS!

Sten's race looks a lot cooler in DA2, but I agree he was super boring. I never ever used him.

used44 said:
Sten's race looks a lot cooler in DA2, but I agree he was super boring. I never ever used him.

That is a challenge in itself to crack his shell....well worth it in the end, especially his personal quest.

LinksOcarina said:
used44 said:

That is a challenge in itself to crack his shell....well worth it in the end, especially his personal quest.

I wonder if there will be the *spoiler* invasion *end spoiler* he's talking about in the end.

used44 said:
Seriously? Part of what made the Quinari cool was that they weren't all that different from anyone else. They were simply different in their customs and how they basically invested in military strategy and technology rather than magic and religion. But the horn retcon just gives them too much of a "GRR MEAN EVIL GROUP" feel, when this is hardly the case at all. If you use or talk to Sten a lot, you'd find that out. Also, he's useful because he's a fucking badass combat wise.

Though it would be almost like if they covered the elves in tree bark or the dwarves in stone because "they're more in tune with nature/rocks."

Kijan said:
A lot of things could have been done a lot better in DA:O but all in all I'd still say it's a good package.

Well of course. It's still my 4th favourite rpg of the decade behind the witcher, the mass effect games and kotor.

As far as Sten goes, I really was bored by him. I didn't think cracking his shell was worth it, and thought the 'culture' he was espousing was far too one dimensional compared to the other cultures in the game. So much so that I almost found his discourse jarring compared to the rest of the kind of people in the game, and not just in a cultural way, but stylistically. He seemed to be lifted from a much worse fantasy game that takes itself way to seriously and was nowhere near as rich/permutated as the DA:O universe.

Also I found it hard to sympathise with him, but my redemptive politics and opposition to the death penalty forced me to drag his miserable hide along.

The other reason I didn't use Sten is because I basically was the badass warrior of my party. Didn't need two.

Longo_2_guns said:
used44 said:
Seriously? Part of what made the Quinari cool was that they weren't all that different from anyone else. They were simply different in their customs and how they basically invested in military strategy and technology rather than magic and religion. But the horn retcon just gives them too much of a "GRR MEAN EVIL GROUP" feel, when this is hardly the case at all. If you use or talk to Sten a lot, you'd find that out. Also, he's useful because he's a fucking badass combat wise.

Though it would be almost like if they covered the elves in tree bark or the dwarves in stone because "they're more in tune with nature/rocks."

I don't mind the retcon, considering the Qunari are already and established race in my mind. What I find interesting is they see it as a special honor to be without horns, hence Sten being a soldier of the Beresaad. So we may see hornless Qunari with the horned brethren, everything else is pretty much the same.

Definitely pick up Awakening because it's a great epilogue and worth the trip, I would also splurge on the Golems of Argonnak for a real challenge (the hardest DLC in the entire series) and Witch Hunt for the story elements that will directly affect Dragon Age 2.

And if you have extra money, get the Return to Ostagar DLC. It's meh, but worth it if you have the right people in your party......

Reinstalled, playing through awakening for the first time. Loving it.

Myself and Tigerlily have a Rock Band 3 band. The name?

"For Ferelden"

Fuck yeah. 8)

Shale is 100% worth it.

Personally, I only really like DLC that is built right into the main story. Like, an added side quest, or something. I don't care about DLC that is it's own little story on the side of the main game.

With that in mind, I'd pick up Wardens Keep, Return to Ostegar if it was me. You COULD get Festerday Pranks and Gifts, but I hated that DLC. Seriously, I felt like it ruined the game. If you aren't aware, that one just lets you buy gifts to infinitely raise the amount each party member likes you. Part of the fun, was managing that. Making it super easy is just... it just ruins the game.

JDC: Nice Band name. =D

Yeah, I probably wasn't going to get the Feast Day garbage. Thanks for the recommends though. Probably picking up Awakening tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod