Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heavy Rain

• FFXXXIIIVVVVI

• Total voters

GRColin

Rookie
So a few months ago I was certain there were only three titles I wanted this year: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and God of War III. Now, I'm not so certain. Help me decide as I suck.

Bioshock 2 - I absolutely loved the first Bioshock. It was such an enthralling title. I care very little for multiplayer.

God of War III - It's the first PS3 GoW title. I loved the demo. What else needs to be said?

Heavy Rain - Engrossing single player, loved the demo, worried about overall appeal.

Final Fantasy XIII​ - Last FF title I played was X and I loved that one. I never got into VII and didn't really play any of the others.

So really I have no idea what to go with. I'm looking for something with action, story, moderate length, good pacing. I'm sure I won't even get a definitive answer as all titles are great ones.

Honestly I shouldn't even be using a forum to help make up my mind. The fact I'm doing so is kind of lame but whatever. I want opinions from people who have played these titles - All my friends have really played are shooters or Dragon Age which I already have.

Bioshock 2 is.....well...its like Halo 2 after Halo 1.

God of War I never liked, but it's solid and you can buy it any time.

Heavy Rain is good, even though there are parts that are not really tailor made for a gamer.

FF XIII I am hearing mixed, but if you liked X i'm sorry.

I say Heavy Rain because it is so different.

I think I have to say Bioshock 2. That multiplayer sounds bitchin. And I am still a sucker for the Ayn Rand lite story. Everyone ought to want to be a Big Daddy :) (technoethical egoism)

Heavy Rain. I've played Bioshock 2 and FFXIII, not too impressed with either. But I am really intrigued by Heavy Rain. i'd suggest you try it out, or at least rent it.

go with god of war. its fun as hell, the boss fights are truly epic and the sense of scale is out there.

bioshock 2 isn't really all that fun. feels like a expansion pack more than a true sequel .
heavy rain isn't bad per say, it's just that the voice acting kills the imersion of the game and all the qte do get old, and once you beat it no real reason to go back and replay it unless you want to try for all three endings.

ff13 i haven't played and probably won't till it comes down in price. just tired of the ff games having angst ridden teens that have gender issues.

God of War III is the best game I have ever played on a PS3, maybe of this whole generation. It is unmatched in visuals and scale, and it runs smoother than a baby's bottom. Plus there are extra modes and higher difficulties if you want replay value. Go with GOW.

I'm a sucker for both Bioshock 2 and God of War III.

But because I also like to see at things from an objective view I'll also say that you should buy GoW III.

It's fun and just plain brutal.

Hey, just like ... you! :D

Bioshock 2 is same gameplay as the first. But story isnt as good, and not as captivating. But you cant stop playing just like the first! Plus, you can go underwater and act as a Big Daddy i.e defend Little Sisters. Also the introduction of Big Sisters is quite cool, defeating them is quite a challenge too! However, like Links said, it's a hard act to follow.

FF13 is awesome! If you dont compare it to any other FF title, and think of it as its own first game it's utterly amazing. Has a decent story and the battles are tactical in a clever fighting system. It's a strong game that I cant get enough of.

GOW3 and Heavy Rain I'm afraid I cant help you with!

All of these games are pretty different by the way! If you want story and action I'd guess GOW3. FF13 isnt full-on action. I guess Heavy Rain isnt. And Bioshock 2 is like the first in terms of action.

I went with God of War III!

I held off on Bioshock 2 only because the first one I saw drop to like 25-39 dollars in no time. Heavy Rain I'll likely get later.

One thing though - I haven't played the first two GoW titles and I find I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Granted I've only played 30 minutes but like....Am I defending the giants attacking or am I supposed to kill them? Why are they attacking? Why did Kratos kill his family previously?

Lethean said:
One thing though - I haven't played the first two GoW titles and I find I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Granted I've only played 30 minutes but like....Am I defending the giants attacking or am I supposed to kill them? Why are they attacking? Why did Kratos kill his family previously?

God of War summary

God of War II summary

But mainly though, you want to kill Zeus because you got a bit too cocky as the God of War and Zeus killed you in the beginning of God of War II. That's why the whole point of II was to confront the fates and go back to keep yourself from dieing. I'd imagine a powerful dude like Kratos would be kinda pissed Zeus tried to kill him, wouldn't you?

Green_Lantern said:
Heavy Rain isn't that good....The story sucks....

What are you talking about? I loved the story to the game, especially the twist on who the killer is. You must have not played it the full way or your got a shitty ending.

The twist was the worst part....I mean, if you can always get into the heads of the people you are controlling, wouldn't something like that be in someones thoughts...It just felt like the developers were like..."OH SHIT WE GOT YOU, YOU DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT IT LOLZ"...It could have been much more effective if it was presented in a better way.

And that has nothing really to do with the ending, or playing it the "full way" (What does that even mean)

Edit...Just wanted to say that yes I would recommend playing through it once, but it is more suited for a rental instead of a buy.

they explain the other games as you progress through the game. if you still feel lost, can always go pick up the gow collection. but out of em all, gow 3's story feels the most forced. but don't let that stop you, the game is incredibly fun.

Oh no, I'm too late!!! Anyways, save Heavy Rain for a rental or get it cheap, same with Bioshock 2. BS2 was not that impressive, it just felt like more of the same with less story to drive it. HR is great, I love it. But the controls can be wonky and it's definitely an "interactive drama" and not a game. Still it's pretty engrossing and nerve-wracking and I really liked it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle