Dragon Age: Origins (PS3, 360, PC)

Toledo

Rookie
Hey everyone, first post here. Been a lurker for many many many years.

Havent seen a post on Dragon Age Origins so I figured I would bring it up. Drops Nov 20th I believe (PS3 gets later release). Over 100 hours of gameplay, made by Bioware!! Looks like a winner to me so far!

www.dragonage.com

Necro-Posting when the topic is finally relevant but found in the wrong forum spot FTW!!!

I got this on Friday after seeing it played at a friend's house on Thursday. I sold Borderlands to buy it because after a couple hours of play Borderlands (to me) started to feel like a cel-shaded Hellgate: London, and I don't regret it. Definitely the most fun I've had on a system in a while, the customization and the back stories work very well in helping you feel immersed in the world.

Much better story than Mass Effect. I felt that ME was overhyped and really didn't deliver in terms of the RPG experience I wanted, which is why I was skeptical about buying this one until I saw it, but definitely worth it.

Bottom line: after about 15 hours of play already, I'd say this is worth picking up. You won't get bored quickly, and I'm already looking forward to playing the game again but using a warrior or rogue instead of a mage to see some differences. It should be a good time.

Don't worry Schimmel you don't need to ask for a topic to be moved in the actual topic - That means for us to read your request, we already saw the topic ;). Thank you for the help though! :)

this is the first bioware game i have actually thought about trying. all the other bioware games never looked good to me, but this one looks better.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
this is the first bioware game i have actually thought about trying. all the other bioware games never looked good to me, but this one looks better.

Funny, right now I feel like Mass Effect is better...and Mass Effect had some problems to it that are somewhat glaringly here.

LinksOcarina said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:

Funny, right now I feel like Mass Effect is better...and Mass Effect had some problems to it that are somewhat glaringly here.

Mass Effect never interested me much. But then again i was never big on rpg's with guns, cept for fallout.

I'll admit though, from what i have seen of dragon age, the graphics look dated. maybe it's the screen shots?

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
LinksOcarina said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:

Mass Effect never interested me much. But then again i was never big on rpg's with guns, cept for fallout.

I'll admit though, from what i have seen of dragon age, the graphics look dated. maybe it's the screen shots?

The graphics ARE a bit date. And the voicework could also have gotten some more love.

Seems like that Bioware doesn't have a nick for voicing. :p :D

Kijan said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:

The graphics ARE a bit date. And the voicework could also have gotten some more love.

I'd say the graphics are actually pretty good. They're a lot better on the PC, the console versions look a little muddy compared to the PC, but the game its self doesn't suffer from that. The voicework is also okay, some actors are good and some are bad. Same with most RPG's though

I disagree on voices. they do a great job....the problem is more the choopiness of the voices...and the fact your character has none at all....

schimmel said:
Kijan said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:

I'd say the graphics are actually pretty good. They're a lot better on the PC, the console versions look a little muddy compared to the PC, but the game its self doesn't suffer from that. The voicework is also okay, some actors are good and some are bad. Same with most RPG's though

As I said: a bit dated. ^^

But I agree with what you've said. :D

I've played it for a few hours so far. The graphics look like high end old Xbox at times, but the colors are vibrant and spell effects look cool. I'm not disappointed in the game, I'm glad I bought it. The battle system is fun and simple to use.

Just bought it - gonna lock myself away today and get down to business. Anyone have any opinions about the online content (PS3).

I'm making a character now - Not sure if I want to go with a rogue and become an assassin/duelist or go with a warrior and become a reaver/berserker. Is dual wielding effective as a warrior?

i keep making new characters then deleting them. either i accidently picked the wrong voice or i want a different beard. i've been doing this for a week. it's really killing the experience for me. i'm never going to beat this game at this rate. the level where you're trapped in the fade is extremely annoying. also.. i can't ever seem to find full sets of armor.. i'll find the boots.. but not the gloves.. it's driving me insane. there's no symmetry. did i spell that right? great game though.. if you like headaches from playing video games too much.. which i do.

hey, if you want to duel wield, it's best to be a rouge 'cause you already need a high dexterity anyways. that and it just seems to fit the stereotypical rouge layout. i dunno. there's so many choices i just can't decide. but lillith.. my elf mage.. she's got a floating wisp and it makes me think of zelda. awesomeness. there's a lot of annoying things about this game but overall it's a great way to pass the time, considering these games are so damn expensive when they first come out and then you usually beat them in a few days or a week. this one's gonna last a few months atleast.

Insectavamour said:
hey, if you want to duel wield, it's best to be a rouge 'cause you already need a high dexterity anyways.

Yeah but I've been doing some reading and it sounds like DW warriors can really tear shit up.

So I have a Human - Rogue, [duelist/ranger when I reach that level.] - probably ranger.

I created my character without really knowing the story.

But the funny thing is - I made my character to look like a black guy... So its kinda awkward when the king refers to me as his son... I feel like im the love child of the Queen and some dark skinned stable boy. LoL, oh well. Every royal family has their scandal i supposed.

In short im in love with this game and i cant wait to screw Morrigan.

I've been on a Dragon Age bender. My hands and eyes are sore from playing this game. Hard to put down.

I'm with used on this. Those "just one more quest" moments are taking me all the way to sunrise, awsome!

used44 said:
I've been on a Dragon Age bender. My hands and eyes are sore from playing this game. Hard to put down.

TRUTH.

has anyone noticed the characters talking in this game - or really debating atheism vs belief? [im doing the human noble quests]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle