Dragon Age: Origins

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is anyone else getting excited at all about this game? I hadn't really heard anything about it until a couple weeks ago, but after reading about it I'm really thinking about getting it. I love old Morrowwind-esque RPGs and Bioware makes solid games, but I'm not really sure if I have the time to put into (the said it would take about 120 hours to play through the game).

That said...Who's planning on playing it

After this I am! 120 hours?! That's epic. Never heard of it or played Morrowind. I'm off to do some epic research :D. I assume it's 360 compatible!

Ok, just saw a gameplay video. It doesnt excite me I'm afraid. It's too WoW-esque. Not a big fan of those types of games.

It is sort of WoW esque, but it reminds me of Mass Effect with swords.

Which I guess is a good thing, considering they are by the same developers?

DA:O is a prime example of, "If I have the money, I'll go and get it." There's too many games on the list at the moment that I've got to start adding into the money pool, but this game definitely looks fantastic.

I've never preordered a game but I'm considering it for this one. So much bonus content involved with this game. Excited!

120 hours? Woah ... nice. But, I do hope it will be exciting enough to keep players playing it for 120 hours.

I mean ... my record spent on a game is like 65 hours ... on FF XII when I wanted to do the perfect game.

But this one has almost twice the length? Holy cow! :D

I don't know...120 hours doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. My Fallout 3 save file has around 90 hours played on it...

As for preordering it: getting the downloadable items would definitely be nice, but with all the stuff coming out within two weeks of DA:O I may have to wait for like Christmas to get this.

I'm kinda sad they won't offer any co-op support. The Baldur's Gate series was incredibly fun to co-op through, i still do so with a couple of friends about once a year.
Bioware is always cutting corners, i miss the Black Isle days. :(

Tykk said:
I'm kinda sad they won't offer any co-op support. The Baldur's Gate series was incredibly fun to co-op through, i still do so with a couple of friends about once a year.

But it doesn't determent the games to much though.

Kijan said:
120 hours? Woah ... nice. But, I do hope it will be exciting enough to keep players playing it for 120 hours.

I mean ... my record spent on a game is like 65 hours ... on FF XII when I wanted to do the perfect game.

But this one has almost twice the length? Holy cow! :D

I beat Oblivion after 390 hours. I took me over a year. Of course, I didn't just play that all the time. I played action games and other stuff to break up the monotony. I spent 140+ hours on both Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy XII.

I leave games paused all the time though(sometimes for as much as a half hour), which probably helps rack up the time.

LinksOcarina said:
Tykk said:

But it doesn't determent the games to much though.

I guess not, but Co-op would add a big replay value to an already huge game.

That and games are always more fun when you have friends to blame when the sheep hits the fan. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod