Doc, this is heavy!

Kruge.jpg

Of course he is! He's a Klingon. He MUST die in battle and so far he has yet found a battle worth dying for.

No way that thing is real. If it was real they would have mentioned what type of technology they used. If it WAS real it would be using some sort of propulsion system that carefully controls thrust based on the weight of the skater. From the best of my knowledge, all such propulsion systems are very noisy and require a shit ton of fuel to function.

Even if such a silent thruster existed that could make an adult sized male hover about 25cm off the ground, there is also the fact that the skaters in that video appeared to completely break the laws of physics. For the board to suspend the skater mid-air it must be pushing against the skater's feet at all times, however if you look at those slow-mo cuts, you can see the board hanging off of their feet, which indicates no thrust is being produced by the board and they are being levitated by another force. In other cuts you can tell that the movement of the skater isn't in reaction to the board but rather another force that is attached to their shoulders.

There is no way in the world that this is real.

EDIT: But self tying shoelaces do (or rather, will) exist!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... e/5549043/

Just feel like pointing out we already have flying cars and self-tying laces, all we're really waiting for is a real hoverboard.

I suppose technically you could use a couple powerful ducted fans to lift a kid on a board, but it's not really a hoverboard in my mind if it's not magnetic/magical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod