Do you think long hair is unprofessional?

Do you think long hair is unprofessional?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Mr. Pink is teh sex0rz!

• Total voters
I have to also mention that, like many things, long hair is a broad term, and I would want to specify that at times long hair can look quite messy.

Now well kept long hair, preferably tied back with a pony-tail, is alright. However the scruffy looking style with hair hanging from various locations of the head, that I do not support.

Place yourself in the place of an employer to get a better understanding also.

-BBK

As long as you're keeping it clean like you should be, then no it doesn't look unporffesional. But hygene is an issue for both people with long and short hair. Too many idiots with short hair think they can get away with leaving it for a few days longer to a week. Too bad most people notice it looks like shit and stinks. My hair's natuarlly straight. It won't look scruffy unless I make/let it get that way.

Mod-Chip said:
Now well kept long hair, preferably tied back with a pony-tail.

Say no to rat tails kids.

It all depends on the condition you keep you hair.

If you take care of it and maintain neatness then it's fine. But if you leave it messy and unwashed (god forbid) then of course that's unprofessional.

Short hair, long hair, doesn't matter.

If you take care in it then it's fine.

If it is well kempt I think its fine. (Actually I think its fine all the time, but from an employer's standpoint some people don't think it is fine so if my employees wanted long hair I would have them maintain it)

I know I guy I went to school with who works at McDonalds. The kid has a buttload of hair, like down to his back, but when you see him at the drive-thru, it's completely tucked into his hat. It's amazing!

And, yeah, I like Buscemi's dramatic stuff.

As the majority of posters have already stated, well kept long hair is fine, it doesn't necessarily have to be tied back. I've got relatively long hair, the fringe comes down to my eyes but so long as it's kept neat there's no problem.

Sam

Long hair in itself it not unprofessional. It's messy long hair that's a problem. Unfortunately, very few guys have the skill to keep long hair clean and orderly, so it's automatically assumed that long hair is unprofessional. That's not at all the case.

^ whoa, clam down buddy, dont cry... :p

anyway, on point, i dont much like long hair on men, esp when its tied up into a pony tail, then it just looks a tad queer.

I think if you're serious about a job you should cut your hair, but for something like McDonalds, why bother? It really does depend on how you take care of it in the end.

Even at McDonalds they make you have short hair, or is highly appretiated. I used to work there. For girls, we just tied our hair back but all the guys were always asked to cut their hair. If it was getting too long they would make them cut it.

That place sucked anyways.

I've never had trouble finding jobs with my long hair, and it's long, down well below my shoulders. I just keep it clean and orderly and I don't look like some mutt. For important functions, I tie it up int oa ponytail and forget about it.

Then again, most jobs I've had required a good deal of creativity, so maybe it's something that's helped out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle