Did any of you GR guys catch the WoW episode of South Park?

I personally found it pretty funny, although some of it was inaccurate. The entire premise was definitely amusing though.

TheNesMan said:
I personally found it pretty funny, although some of it was inaccurate. The entire premise was definitely amusing though.

What do you mean, inaccurate?

The maps, where they said they were going were completely different than where they were. The fact that the geeky guy was wearing a warrior helm yet casting firebolts and aoe spells. Ike was the best character with a decked out tier 2 mage. Grinding low level bores would stop giving exp after 8 levels, they'd turn grey. They were level 10 considering the guy said they leveled up 50 levels, yet at times they were in arathi highlands. They took a lot of liberties, but that's what made it funny.

TheNesMan said:
The maps, where they said they were going were completely different than where they were. The fact that the geeky guy was wearing a warrior helm yet casting firebolts and aoe spells. Ike was the best character with a decked out tier 2 mage. Grinding low level bores would stop giving exp after 8 levels, they'd turn grey. They were level 10 considering the guy said they leveled up 50 levels, yet at times they were in arathi highlands. They took a lot of liberties, but that's what made it funny.

I'm pretty sure they had to make it so it wasn't TOO exclusive to WoW players.

You almost sound like the type of person they were making nonstop fun of.

TheNesMan said:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

joe and i watched it, joe plays wow, id don't. but we both thought it was damn funny.

Heh nah, me and my friend were just pointing out the false things when we watched it a second time. I quite enjoyed how they all decided to roll alliance.

The best part was how they smashed the bad guys head at the end. If that was actually a part of the game, I would probably play it.

dUKE said:
TheNesMan said:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

joe and i watched it, joe plays wow, id don't. but we both thought it was damn funny.
Tis an honour to be called a nerd by you duke.

TheNesMan said:
Heh nah, me and my friend were just pointing out the false things when we watched it a second time. I quite enjoyed how they all decided to roll alliance.

Yeeess... You and you neardie little boy-toy...

jeez...

dUKE said:
TheNesMan said:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!
Marge: Homer, that isn't very nice.
Homer: Marge, try to understand. There are two kinds of college
students: jocks and nerds. As a jock, it is my duty to give
nerds a hard time.

TheNesMan said:

You realize you are talking about a show that's famous for a talking piece of poo, right?

And the liberty taking and blatent disregard for WoW fact checking isn't what made it funny, but the fact that you think it is, is pretty funny in itself.

It was hilarious although I found myself picking out the wrong things as well being a player myself.

"Butters! I'm the Dwarf!"

The fat geeky guy was so damn funny. Everytime they showed him I cracked up.

Then when they killed his character, he just sat there like his world was over.

I particularly liked how the characters would be playing WOW and just inherently start leaning way back in their chair with their jaw slacked..

like most Warcrack heads I know...they do that.

Funny episode though, and no I did not notice so many inaccuraces like you all did, but I enjoted it none the less.

I have to say, South Park is a genious show, I wish Trey and Matt kept it going after the 12th season.

LinksOcarina said:
like most Warcrack heads I know...they do that.

Funny episode though, and no I did not notice so many inaccuraces like you all did, but I enjoted it none the less.

I have to say, South Park is a genious show, I wish Trey and Matt kept it going after the 12th season.

... I happen to know some very affluent and socially undistorted people who log on to WoW and play.

I think they actually made decent efforts to get the right terminology. I'd suspect them to totally butcher it in that respect but it wasn't that bad.

And societal problems do arise for the majority of WoW players. I just remember most of my guild mates playing constantly throughout the day.

though there are some who know how to manage the game and their outside lives

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133