Masochistic Mondays: Feedback?

Nick_Tan said:
Hey all,

Anthony LaBella worked with the staff to create the pilot episode of Masochistic Mondays (name subject to change) where he plays a notoriously difficult title. Being a pilot, it's a bit rough, but what do you guys and gals think? Have any constructive criticism for the video or LaBella?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2O41Md ... e=youtu.be

- Nick

He should be playing HELL! Either way, I'd watch. Does he take suggestions... because if he does - he should play Another World on the Ouya

The video is unlisted, so if you're planning on getting people to watch, gotta make that public. I prefer live recordings with webcam action. It's much more entertaining when people can socialize with the streamer and see their expressions. Even if it's not live, a webcam would still be nice to see. A schedule would also be helpful

I don't know how well playing hard games will work out, but I do know people like prizes. So maybe on a few videos, give something away. I think that's why GR's podcast before was so great, because Blake Morse had his mystery game, which was fun to figure out. Even if that won't work for Anthony's video, still be nice to have that back for the podcast.

I haven't watched it properly yet because I'm having problems with my headset but the first thing I'm gonna say is, it's eighteen minutes long. For a lot of people, that's too long and they might lose interest and close off the video early (I know you've technically got the "view" already but they might not come back). I would suggest making the videos a lot shorter, somewhere between five to ten minutes.

I'll have a proper watch and listen once I get my headphones sorted.

Hey, that's me!

I'm absolutely open to suggestions, so if you guys have specific games/challenges you'd like me to try, just let me know. For right now that video is unlisted because it's simply to test the waters and get feedback.

As for length, that kind of depends on the format. This first video is recorded, but I stream regularly and love interacting with chat. Perhaps you guys would prefer that format? I do understand that viewers usually watch shorter videos if they're recorded, so that's something to keep in mind.

As for the webcam, I'm not entirely against it. When I watch streams/videos I prefer to see the whole game without a webcam image taking up screen real estate (unless it's a horror game), but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Hey man, I had a bit of a watch and a listen. Here's my suggestions.

-I understand you don't have a name/title for these videos yet and that's fair enough, but get one as soon as you can. :)

-Perhaps a short intro sequence before the videos would be something to look into, which could include the title of your videos, a logo and perhaps the logo and web address for GameRevolution. This sequence should be short too, about five to ten seconds.

-If the video is a pre-recorded video with you narrating, then I'd suggest making the video a bit shorter, again five to ten minutes. I dunno if it's possible but are there any other staff members/contributors who may be able to help you commentate and perhaps play with you? If not, that's okay. I always found those "let's play" style videos more entertaining with two people, but some solo people can be very entertaining too.

-At the end of the video, maybe have a quick credits thingo, which concludes the video and maybe shows the logo/title of your video, as well as GameRevolution's logo and web address.

Good work so far. Look forward to seeing more, especially a Dark Souls video.

If you play Dark Souls, may I suggest a low level play-through or perhaps a build that is seldom used? It would make it a bit more interesting since you are probably already familiar with the game in its entirety.

Anthony_LaBella said:
As for length, that kind of depends on the format. This first video is recorded, but I stream regularly and love interacting with chat. Perhaps you guys would prefer that format? I do understand that viewers usually watch shorter videos if they're recorded, so that's something to keep in mind.
Maybe you could do a stream one day and then edit and release a highlights reel on the next day, or something like that. As long as you play fun games, I'd be down to watch the stream.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod