Dark Souls

Daddio

Regular
I'm looking to buy some older good games (yay discount bins!) and I'm wondering if I should play Demon Souls or is Dark Souls a stand alone?

Dark Souls is a stand alone game. The two play very similar, but are pretty different in a lot of ways.

That said, if you can play Demon's Souls, do so. It's absolutely worth playing.

Don't forget to check out the 10+ page Dark Souls thread a few pages back when you get around to playing it.

Thanks for the replies. I was about to go head out and pick the game up when I decided to give Dishonored another spin ... turns out, my Xbox no longer likes reading disks. Happy happy joy joy!

Buddy let me borrow his 360 and I picked it up, been messing around and trying a few different classes. Started out as a thief, then went to warrior and now trying out the cleric. Not sure which one I want to do, lol.

UghRochester said:
Welcome back, Daddio! Are things going better?

Hey Ugh!

Things are moving along in life, still getting a divorce but enjoying 50 / 50 custody of my kiddos in a new place I moved into 4 weeks ago. Changed positions at work a few times until I found something I can see myself working in for the foreseeable future and dropped 70 lbs, bulked up. 8)

How have you been??

Daddio said:
Buddy let me borrow his 360 and I picked it up, been messing around and trying a few different classes. Started out as a thief, then went to warrior and now trying out the cleric. Not sure which one I want to do, lol.

Doesn't really matter in the long run. They all are going to die repeatedly.

Really, the class only matters in the beginning when you are getting used to the game. From then on, it's free form leveling.

Yeah, Pyromancer is the easiest class, while Thief and Wanderer are the most difficult. Personally, I like Warriors, but that's just me.

I will have to give it a solid sit down when I don't have the kids, so I can really get into it. I enjoy the game play and the difficulty is refreshing. Played a few other games recently that I enjoyed the stories in; Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us but this combat is great fun.

The only dislike ... tools camping the beginning areas waiting for us noobs to turn human. Lol.

I really need to sit down and start playing too. Luckily I was a sucker and brought the PC version so there's really no way for anyone to invade unless I give my phone number to Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod