Daily Ting

UrbanMasque said:
Me: ummmm... ok. I like listening to vintage records and recently - Bill Withers, Curtis Mayfield, Sade, & Lou Rittenour Jr. have emerged as some of my artists I play on repeat. I'll probably be playing them this weekend actually... not on stream though sadly :(
Who is Lou Rittenour Jr? I can't find him. Did you mean Lee Ritenour, the jazz guitar guy from your Vinyl Club thread?

Today's Ting #94

Sunday said:
Share a favorite sporting experience of yours. - Ting

-Scoreboard-
De-Ting: 78
StudioTan: 67
UrbanMasque: 53
MattAY: 50
Bretimus_v2: 37
UghRochester: 37
Master_Craig: 34
Longo_2_guns: 26
used44: 24
HK-47: 20
WickedLiquid: 19
StickyGreenGamer: 4
LinksOcarina: 4
Green_Lantern: 3
Paradox: 1

So in 7th grade we were playing flag football for P.E., and coach made the mistake of putting all the jocks on one team. It would have been a shutout...had I not been on fire that day. I scored two kick-return TDs, one on an onside kick and one from our 30. It was awesome using my height advantage over some of the smaller jerks on the other team as a high-stepped down the sideline.

Then there was the winter scout camp gun training. Wasn't a contest or anything, but we were given five bullets for a .22 hunting rifle and tried to hit two different targets from 20 yards away. I put four into the big target's 1.5-inch bull's eye and one into the spinning metal target. Everyone was impressed and the instructor commended me. I have not shot anything as accurately since.

October 13th, 2003. Went to see WWE Raw with my uncle and brothers. It pretty entertaining and the Ring is much smaller than what it looks like on TV.

When I was in America just recently, my friends and I saw an ice hockey game between the Nashville Predators and a Canadian team, the Winnipeg Jets, I think.

We were in Nashville at the time, so we were rooting for the home team, the Predators. Unfortunately they lost, but it was really fun to be there and watch.

UghRochester said:
.. the Ring is much smaller than what it looks like on TV.
This was one of my first impressions, too.

I went to Raw in '99 or 2000, I think. I made a cool sign and got to appear on TV very briefly at the beginning of the show.

I was about 15, playing defensive end for the Bayside Raiders in Queens, NY.

I had sacked QB's before, but this one was great, because I knew that I hurt him and that the hit was vicious.

Basically, when the ball snapped he dropped back for a pass. I was on his blind side and pretty much came through un-blocked - which gave me a full head of steam. So when I went to tackle him a lowered my shoulder into what would be his lowered back. He heaved forward and the football went FLYING out of his hand. *FUMBLE* It felt soo good.. I'm sure he was fine, but I've been chasing that high in football ever since.. nothing has really ever compared.. it was like a shot of adrenaline straight into my eyeball.

It's got to be watching the Man Utd VS Arsenal semi final in 1999! Two arch rivals pinned against each other in a pivotal moment in the cup. And Man Utd would then go on to win the Treble!

I was in the lounge with my family, and by the end we were all cheering and hugging each other in ecstacy! (we're Man Utd fans) WHAT A MATCH! - Man Utd go 1-0 up, then 1-1....then we get a man sent off and the odds are against us. Penalty to Arsenal with 3 minutes to go...SAVED BY THE GREAT DANE! Were really under pressure now, and then against the run of play....RYAN GIGGS nets the winner in extra tme!! MY BOY!! That's probably Giggs' most famous goal.

I will always remember this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bWrF_GkbQ

Runner up is Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle in 1996! Newcastle were our arch rivals in this season, so were rooting for Liverpool...some people dub this the greatest football game in the 1990s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwCDYc-r3iI

Probably getting my first technical victory in wrestling. By this point I had amassed a number of wins with only two losses. I knew that I was good and that I had solid technique, above average agility and good coaching, but it was that next level of winning. I wasn't a pin guy. I packed the strength to just jam someone up and then hold them there. But getting up ten points early in the match and looking at the other guy, seeing him beat mentally and physically and knowing that where the match inevitably was headed with no ability to change it. That was a charge to the power ego of fourteen year old me. The next five points came quick and I shook hands with a kid who went in to the matchup as the favorite. Felt good man.

Good to see some of us have actual athletic experiences.

Today's Ting #95

Friday said:
Mix two different kinds of the same type of food and eat it. - Ting

-Scoreboard-
De-Ting: 79
StudioTan: 68
UrbanMasque: 54
MattAY: 51
Bretimus_v2: 38
UghRochester: 38
Master_Craig: 35
Longo_2_guns: 27
used44: 24
HK-47: 20
WickedLiquid: 19
StickyGreenGamer: 4
LinksOcarina: 4
Green_Lantern: 3
Paradox: 1

sausage wrapped in bacon! Two different kinds of meat - nailed! (about 10 times!)

MattAY said:
sausage wrapped in bacon! Two different kinds of meat - nailed! (about 10 times!)
Today's Ting #95.5: Visit a cardiologist.

I got greedy. I had fresh pineapple and banana in apple sauce, then crunchy oat squares with crunchy raisin bran.

Little cocktail sausages, not conventional ones!

But you still probably have a point!

Mixed Pepsi with Coke.
EDIT: In all seriousness, I coincidentally ran out of a box of cereal, so I had to open a new box of a different kind to fill the bowl.

UghRochester said:
Mixed Pepsi with Coke.

NwKXNav.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehboob