Daily Ting

I ate two corn dogs. I can honestly say that it's been at least 6 years since I've had one of those.

Today's Thing #5

Thursday said:
Doodle, sketch or draw a memorable or recurring nightmare. - used44

This could be very entertaining.

I was too busy to eat something else! I ate a packed lunch at work, which was cooked on Tuesday.

I did have some Prawn Cocktail crisps...not unusual, but I would NORMALLY pick ready salted! - that counts :p

These sketches are crap, but I only spent a minute on each of them while I was at work and it's difficult to sketch things I don't normally draw, especially when remembering them from dreams a long time ago.

IMG_2914_zpsqt7g4pbr.jpg

These aren't recurring, but they're my most memorable nightmares.

The really badly drawn wolf on the left... I had a nightmare when I was seventeen. Basically, the dream consisted of me walking through snow (I never seen snow for myself at the time, so the 'feeling' was very confusing). The wolf appeared, blood dripping from its mouth, staining its fur and the snow. I froze, I couldn't move. I wanted to move, but I just stood there. I eventually started to move but I was moving so slow, like... unbearably slow. It was as if I was in slow motion, while the environment around me, including the wolf, moved at normal speed, but in this case far faster than me. The wolf lunged at me, pinned me to the ground and bit my throat, thrashing about as it wouldn't let go. When I woke up, I was shaking quite violently and I was covered in sweat. I slowed down when I realized I was awake, at home and okay.

The second weird drawing, the one on the right, I remember having when I was twelve years old. It was night time and I was sitting in the back of my parents' car by myself, don't know why. Off in the distance was a football field, a grass oval. Far away was this really weird figure. He, or it I dunno, was tall, thin and wore a long, hooded white robe. It was dancing, like... slowly left and right, but it was slowly dancing toward me. At first I was interested and watched, then I got scared. I got scared when I could see the figure in more detail. He didn't have hands, but rather these four, long, finger-like hooks. He was also wearing a mask, the mask looked kinda 'sketchy' and uneven and there was blood coming out of the empty eyes. The blood also stained the robes all the way down.

I tried to open the car doors, all of them, but they were all locked. I couldn't get out. I then tried to open the windows, but the window rollers seemed stuck, so I then tried to hit the glass windows but every time I hit the window, my strikes were so slow and so weak, again the slow motion effect. Nothing was working.

Eventually I turned around to face the other window and the hooded figure was right beside the car, staring at me. It then threw his clawed hand right through the glass and I think got me in the face, that's when I woke up.

yDMjB0F.jpg

Awful drawings, but a common recurring dream for me is this inconceivably large room filled with green ocean water and shadowy ocean life (huge whales and squids mostly). There's ledges on two of the walls about 50 feet above the surface of the water. And I always fall in. Or sometimes I'm spilled through these flowing channels and into the pool.

Showing up to work naked. The weird thing is I notice the mistake and they do to but I still have to work the regular day.

729C4061-795B-4B92-B369-E30F301E328A_zpskywmb5ul.jpg

Today's Thing #7

Saturday said:
Post a word or phrase from your childhood and google it.
StudioTan will pick the next thing.

My siblings and I used to call each other "booce." It came from an old Frosty the Snowman movie that had a glitch in the audio at one point when a kid says "Bruce."

Apparently, we are the only ones who know about it...

For Today's thing (how is this not "Ting" by the way?!), me and my neighbour, who was in the same primary school as me, used to listen to a Smurf remix album all the time where they mixed real songs with a Smurf twist.
One of our favourites was one called "Mr Smurftastic" (a mockery of Mr Boombastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_qQdmMUX0).

One of the lines was "I can lift a bus right over my head" to which a smurf replies, "I bet you cant eat 100 slices of bread".

From there onwards whenever someone would brag about anything ever, we would reply with that bread line - made us laugh even though no one else had no idea what the fuck we were on about.

Anyway, I googled "bet you cant eat 100 slices of bread" and low and behold I got loads of bread makes you fat articles.
About 4th result down is 10 snacks under 100 calories if anyone is interested though!

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/loseweight/p ... nacks.aspx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod