Concerning antagonizing, derailing and thread shitting

This forum really hasn't been moderated poorly compared to the other forums i've been on. One forum moderators and admins alike banned you for no reason other than they didn't like you. So if you want unfairness go on forums like those and bitch about it, I really don't see why you guys are butt hurt over your locked topics, I will admit one of my ltopics (post religion humor one) was locked for no reason whatsoever, so I messaged the mod in a mature manner and got the message through to him that it was a wrong move- but I didn't really care about it, you can always start a new topic if you wished.

I was going to post my thoughts, but decided not to for fear of retribution from my colleagues.

Edit:
Actually no, I think I will post my thoughts on the subject.
I agree with what a lot of people are saying, there do seem to be a lot of double-standards...users get warnings and threads get closed for things that other mods do without consequences. If we want people to be sensible and not be dicks, we have to practice this ourselves.
Regarding 7 threads getting closed, I've often thought threads get closed far too quickly around here. If it isn't causing any harm or isn't blatantly wrong, I don't see why people can't have a bit of fun. And I especially don't see why an entire thread needs to be closed because of one or two posts. We can edit your posts, so if there's something offensive or whatever, that can be removed without killing an otherwise good thread.

My thoughts. And I see the vultures circling.

There isn't a mod on our team that would be upset with what you posted Chris.

My issue is that somebody in my position is being asked to do something, so I want something done in return.

I'll be less of a fun Nazi if you guys can be less retarded.

Plain and simple. Watch me go! Woooo!

masterchris said:
I was going to post my thoughts, but decided not to for fear of retribution from my colleagues.

Edit:
Actually no, I think I will post my thoughts on the subject.
I agree with what a lot of people are saying, there do seem to be a lot of double-standards...users get warnings and threads get closed for things that other mods do without consequences. If we want people to be sensible and not be dicks, we have to practice this ourselves.
Regarding 7 threads getting closed, I've often thought threads get closed far too quickly around here. If it isn't causing any harm or isn't blatantly wrong, I don't see why people can't have a bit of fun. And I especially don't see why an entire thread needs to be closed because of one or two posts. We can edit your posts, so if there's something offensive or whatever, that can be removed without killing an otherwise good thread.

My thoughts. And I see the vultures circling.

Says the person who shut down Used44's topic about having sex with Lethean's wife, which I found to be hilarious :p.

So is no one paying attention to the part where I'm just asking for some people to not call us offensive names when you get a warning PM? The closed topics weren't even the bulk of what this thread was about. I'm glad it was discussed though.

I also don't like how instead of some people saying "you guys have good points but hear me out on this..." they ignore what was said and try to justify them being jerks by saying "well it shouldn't have been closed!" Respect certainly is a two way street and mods and users alike shouldn't get so pissed at one another at times. Just don't try starting arguments and questioning every little thing for no reason sometimes - Such as emoticon spam in a perfectly good topic.

Lethean I agree with you on all your points but Used444's topic "Colin." shouldn't have been closed unless it was by you. I want it re-opened so I can laugh some more at what other people have to say. It wasn't getting out of hand, it was still very on-topic for once.

Lethean said:
So is no one paying attention to the part where I'm just asking for some people to not call us offensive names when you get a warning PM? The closed topics weren't even the bulk of what this thread was about.
Yes it was...

schimmel said:
Lethean I agree with you on all your points but Used444's topic "Colin." shouldn't have been closed unless it was by you. I want it re-opened so I can laugh some more at what other people have to say. It wasn't getting out of hand, it was still very on-topic for once.
On topic? And what exactly was the topic of discussion?

having sex with Lethean's wife and others watching, photographing, videotaping, and joining in while having a laugh

masterchris said:
Lethean said:
So is no one paying attention to the part where I'm just asking for some people to not call us offensive names when you get a warning PM? The closed topics weren't even the bulk of what this thread was about.
Yes it was...

Not in my initial post...

I think you mods are full of doo doo. You say you want things one way, then you say you want it another but the Misc. board wouldn't be the hub it is today without either.
Split the Misc. boards in half, I dare you, and let the web traffic decide who was right and who was wrong.

I wonder where you'd side, on Serious Bizz Misc. or Monkey Bizz Misc.? Where would you want to mod if you could choose only one?

It's very possible. Other sites have shown it to be a well functioning format, the two seperated hubs. But it's not what any of you guys really want.

I think what we (you, them, me) really want are more topics like this ad infinitum as a reminder to never go the route of those other sites.
GR shouldn't lose that magic touch just to save a moderator a minor headache. You knew what the job consisted of before you took it, dammit! consider those teh precious moments

schimmel said:
having sex with Lethean's wife and others watching, photographing, videotaping, and joining in while having a laugh
And you wonder why it was closed...

Shaft said:
yeah closing "Colin" should have been left up to Lethean or used
They're not the only mods in this forum... If used made a thread about having sex with your girlfriend, would I have to consult with you first before deciding to close it?
If somebody in the chat calls somebody else a n*gger, do I have to consult with them first before kicking them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod