comment on the manifesto

dUKE

Rookie
i didn't find this comment helpful, but i hate deleting people's stuff, so i moved it here where it can be adressed and discussed (sorry author, i forgot to write down your name):

While Luxor 2 and Miss Management might be the cause of the problem, I do not think that is all of it. Since GR switched from the old 'Hey, read this article, it is good and will tickly your funny bone' to the new 'Hey, read this article, it is full of random hyperlinked words and adds' McAfee (yes, I do use it) flagged GR with a red warning label. I then installed the FireFox plugin which blocks all adds on any given site and since then McAfee has got no problem with you. So I am sure it is not just Luxor 2 and Miss Managment, but the whole new spamming direction this site seems to have taken.

Are you guys under new managment? Because some things have changed, and not for the better. I want my random-spam-free GR back. :(

As for Yahoo and their game site: who gives a flying **** Duke?

the short answer is: yes, we are under new management.

i fought tooth and nail against the text ads, and actually pissed off my boss i think, but i was overruled.

i moved this here because i researched it, contacted both yahoo and mcafee, and it has nothing to do with the text ads (which i hate).

and yahoo is important, and the fact that they're lying about gr is important while applying a double-standard to their own site.

Just to let you know Duke, the McAfee SiteAdvisor has turned from red to yellow (meaning it's... "unsure") . Like your American TERROR alert scale, I think things are getting better, but are still shitty...

GR is my homepage, so seeing this thing was weird, ah screw it, it certainly didn't deter me from keeping it as is.

Too bad it has nothing to do with the text adds, still: firefox plugins ftw I guess. Site actually loads a bit faster now too.

In any case, yeah I posted the comment. And stand by it. Maybe the add blocking script blocks Luxor 2 and Miss Management somehow and if not, I do not know why McAfee is suddenly cool with your site. All I know is that there is a green bar in the bottom right corner which flashed red before I installed the plugins. I do not presume to know how McAfee and all this works, all I know the problem was over when I installed the addblock plugin. Perhaps some of the sites these underlined words link to are less than trustworthy.

Anyway, I'm with you Duke, and GR ever since '96, no matter the direction you took. I just wanted to say my piece and I hope it won't get you into any trouble.

no problem, i even sent your comments to my boss. i hope in another few weeks, the financial data is bad on those text links and we can ditch them.

Are you guys talking about those links some sites have where you hover your mouse over a word, wait for your browser to freeze then in 10-15 seconds it pops up an advertisement related to the word? If so... that's awful. I use Adblock, so I never get to see those. To me, GR looks perfect :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod