Citizen Kane sucks

WickedLiquid said:
Michael Bay presents....

'SPLOSION WORLD!

Coming this summer to a theatre near you.

Can't be a michael bay production....... Not enough ass

I thought I was alone on the CK not being so great train, I watched it in a film class and I was excited to see what the big deal was. I understand story pacing was much different in the 40s and now in movies pacing is much faster but I was so bored in the movie. I looked at my iPod for entertainment so much that I'm pretty sure at some point I was on wikipedia learning about the dark ages. It's not a bad movie but it's awesome, but it isn't bad because it's old. Old movies rock: godfather, blazing saddles, airplane!, casablanca but just because something was revolutionary doesn't mean it can't be boring as well.

It's weird watching some of those episodes after seeing the actual movie...it also makes the jokes better. Best example, the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest episode.

My idea of cinema excellence:

moleman-football-o.gif

Bretimus_v2 said:
It's weird watching some of those episodes after seeing the actual movie...it also makes the jokes better. Best example, the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest episode.
"That's Chief. He's never said a word."
"Hiya Chief."
"Hi."
"Well it's about time someone reached out to me."

GIVE THAT MAN THE TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

I remember watching The Great Escape and constantly being reminded of Maggie and the babies attempts at getting back their pacifiers.

You guys mean this?
07.jpg

Still the one that made me go WTF the most is the clock work references one
tumblr-tumblr-lc2cxq8tag1qb7hapo1-500.gif

The 90's were pretty awesome weren't they? Then stupid 2000 had to come along with George Bush, and then 9/11 and then The Simpsons started to decline and then there was that emo phase and somehow the hipsters took over, I don't even know how that shit started.

What made The Simpsons one of the best shows ever is that the humour is timeless. What was funny in 1994 is still funny today. Same with Seinfield and its humour that tries to leave out current events and focus on original material.

That's why shows like Family Guy and South Park will never be as good. Because the humour isn't timeless and what's funny now will feel old and dated in 10 years.

Green_Lantern said:
I've been so damn close to buy like the first 7 or so seasons of the The Simpsons it's not even funny.

I think I've got seasons 2-11 or something about there. I used to watch at least a disc nightly, as part of a rotation that included Futurama, Arrested Development, Spaced, etc. Luckily I've now broken my tv-in-bed-in-order-to-fall-asleep habit but I still pop in a random disc of The Simpsons when I'm cleaning or something.

Green_Lantern said:
I've been so damn close to buy like the first 7 or so seasons of the The Simpsons it's not even funny.
You should. When they were first being released I kept buying them for my brother on his birthday or Christmas or whatever. We have like the first 10 seasons.

You mean when Matt Groening wrote episodes?

It's funny how the show took off in the third season after he stopped writing.

70 year old movie fails to hold up to a generation of younger movie watchers.

News at eleven.

Sidenote I love Citizen Kane because I find his story so compelling. I view CK as a 1940s version of There Will Be Blood, which I loved.

The_Joker said:
70 year old movie fails to hold up to a generation of younger movie watchers.

News at eleven.

Sidenote I love Citizen Kane because I find his story so compelling. I view CK as a 1940s version of There Will Be Blood, which I loved.

I think that what's most fascinating is how at the time, having a movie like that based on the life of a living person could be so controversial. The newspaper mogul, who's name I can't remember, banned his own papers from reviewing the movies. It's just incredible to me that a reaction like that was ok at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod